East Timor : Nov. 1 - More E330 experiments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Consider your experiment a success !!! I've just bought a new monitor and am battling to calibrate it and your pics still look stunning.

Thanks all for the nice words!

Mike - on the 35mm - apart from being much cheaper than the 50mm, I was hoping that this lens would allow close focus while still giving me the ability to fit and light up bigger things in my frame. After using a fixed lens [supermacro to wideangle] point and shoot, I am still getting used to the idea that I have to decide what I will be shooting, macro or wideangle, before putting my camera in the housing. Is there such a lens that will allow you to get as close as 2" to your subject and then let you zoom out for the wideangle seafan shot ? My quest continues.......... :wink:

calypsonick:

Mike - on the 35mm - apart from being much cheaper than the 50mm, I was hoping that this lens would allow close focus while still giving me the ability to fit and light up bigger things in my frame. After using a fixed lens [supermacro to wideangle] point and shoot, I am still getting used to the idea that I have to decide what I will be shooting, macro or wideangle, before putting my camera in the housing. Is there such a lens that will allow you to get as close as 2" to your subject and then let you zoom out for the wideangle seafan shot ? My quest continues.......... :wink:

Yes there is Nick. It's called a point-and-shoot camera :D

Nick, a lot of folks piggyback a second camera for that reason. Set one up for the nudis and one for the shark shot. I've seen threads on one housing bolted on top of the other. I also know a couple of guys who carry two Nikonos on all their dives, preset for their favorite shots.

calypsonick:

No lens.. just 2 cameras :D. I just joined the DSLR club but the housing is still dry. Playing with it on the surface, but it seems to work fine. Gonna test it in the pool next and open ocean later this month. You will be my inspiration.

PS EXCELLENT SHOTS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom