Easy access shore diving In Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something special is an extremely easy entry/exit. While we were there, everyone kept saying there was a frogfish in the shallows. So we stopped by the dive shop and asked where they saw it. Got a couple of different locations and spent about 1 1/2 hours swimming around in the shallows but we could never find it. We did come across a couple of squid and an eagle ray while diving there though.

Squid4.jpg

EagleRay2.jpg

Great Pics Spark..

Ok my 2 cents worth....

As a seasoned Bonaire Diver 18+ years and someone who lives here...this is what I suggest

If the wind is calm to medium then:

Dive your north dive first, the north is pretty choppy in the afternoon, then do your south dive, though the dive sites past Pink Beach tend to get pretty choppy in the afternoon, so stick with the ones south of the airport, but north of Pink Beach.

OR

Dive the furthest south dives in the am, Margate Bay, the area just past Pink Beach (just past the fishermans hut, hang a right to the sandy beach area), is pretty easy then do a head up to north of Pink Beach and try one there.

WICKED WINDS....

EVERYTHING WILL BE CHOPPY, but I suggest the following: Oil Slick Leap (there is a ladder in and out), of course, Something Special and anywhere else on the main road of the water that Something Special is on....there doesn't need to be a yellow rock for you to dive. My fav in that area is the dock directly across from Yellow Submarine.

OR

You may want to do a boat dive over to Klein Bonaire....

OR

Talk to Bart and Bob at Wannadive and see if the East Coast is quiet. Usually when the wind kicks up the west coast, the east coast is really manageable to dive....

Liz

Back
Top Bottom