Easy to use video editing software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ah, cool.... thank you

this is embarrasing, but i don't know this stuff

H2Andy:
ah, cool.... thank you

this is embarrasing, but i don't know this stuff
What's embarrasing? I didn't know it either before I learnt it! :D

Actually there is even a new DVD type out now.....double layer....

This requires a new burner that can use it but it has over 9 Gb on one disc (I'm not sure exactly how much)
Many full length movies come in at around 7 Gb these days so they wouldn't fit on a single layer DVD without being compressed a bit. The new ones are VERY expensive still though. :wink:

For ease of use without sacrificing quality, nothing beats iMovie and iDVD.

These will only run on a Mac, but they are free when you buy the computer.

For an alternative to Premier (if you are going for the high end stuff) I like Sony Vegas, took me a little bit of time to get used to it, but now that I've used it a bit I love it, works really nicely and allows a lot of things, also comes with colour adjustment filters which are great for underwater footage.

I've used Pinacle, adobe, roxio and the most trouble free has been Ulead. The other programs would cause frequent crashes on the computer. I started with Ulead 7 and have upgraded to 9. Cost is $100 but it is very user friendly and will do everything a lay person could want in making videos. Their support staff is pretty good also. When you are doing editing it's important to make sure no programs are running in the background, save frequently unless it's a automatic feature as with ulead 9, be carful with different tracks lining up as a voice over because when you add or cut a video clip then the voice isn't matching to the video, Ulead does it automatically with the ripple effect. Good luck on whatever you chose.

I couldn't find it but Pinnacle use to have a trial offer as well. This is what I use and so far so good. Quick simple and easy or you can get more involved.

thomjinx:
For ease of use without sacrificing quality, nothing beats iMovie and iDVD.

These will only run on a Mac, but they are free when you buy the computer.

Yeah. What he said. Nothing at all beats a Mac for easy user interface and complete workflow.

Kim:
It's different. CD movie files are just that.....a file. DVDs require a certain directory structure and particular files inside it as well as the actual movie data. They need to be 'authored', which creates all the right structures. Premiere Elements seems to do that natively....Movie Maker doesn't.
Also...just for info...CDs are usually 640/700 Mb.........single layer DVDs are 4.2 Gb. They require a different reader/burner, although a DVD burner can usually always burn CDs as well.
There is a thing called VCD's and SVCD's.

Which is video on a CD and its supported by most DVD players.

An SVCD can gave about 20mins of video on it. (and SVCD has pretty good quality)

I use DVD Lab Pro when making home dvds. Fairly simple and easy to use. Plus assorted other apps as well. Videohelp.com is a great place to start amassing knowledge.

I recommend staying away from Pinnacle, admitedly I've not used it for a few years, but I had no end of problems (crashes) plus Pinnacle do some wierd stuff with DLL's that then means even if you uninstall Pinnacle you still may have to reformat for other software to work (I did, and it was a PAIN).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom