Ebay Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have bought 6 drysuits off e-bay over the years and 4 of them have been just as advertised and on the near new side of used. For the $200-$335 spent on them, they were all exceptional values.

One of the remaining suits was new on the hangar with tags attached but had been mismarked size wise by the factory, so the original owner could not fit in it but e-bayed it with the marked size - probably a little deceptive on his part as he knew the problem. But we were able to trade it locally and got our $400 out of it plus a used drysuit in very good condition, so it was still an ok deal in the end.

The remaining suit was bought for $75 and despite the seller's contention that it was usable, I had no illusions about it being a good suit as it was a poly backed nylon bi-lam suit which normally do not hold up well. But I bought it for the valves, and it was worth the $75 for that - whihc was a good thing as the suit leaked at every seam.

I have one of the Poseidon Unisuits.
It's a very tough suit and warm. If it fits you and is dry, it looks like a good deal.

Hi
Got the suit today!
It fits me perfect :)
Wow these suits are easy to put on.
Tryed it in my pool.
No leaks in shallow water.
Have to wait till the weekend to check for deep water leaks :)
Rick L

Rick L:
Hi
Got the suit today!
It fits me perfect :)
Wow these suits are easy to put on.
Tryed it in my pool.
No leaks in shallow water.
Have to wait till the weekend to check for deep water leaks :)
Rick L

hee hee... easy to put on. You mean Drysuits as opposed to Wetsuits? They sure are.

Glad this worked out. So what's your next eBay treasure hunt?

---
Ken

No not wetsuits!
The unisuit compared to my dui trilam and viking extreme!
Um next Ebay treasure lets see hum???
maybe aaaa!!! hey you might outbid me! hehe
Rick L

:)

Rick L:
No not wetsuits!
The unisuit compared to my dui trilam and viking extreme!
Um next Ebay treasure lets see hum???
maybe aaaa!!! hey you might outbid me! hehe
Rick L

Noone outbid me on mine - Zeagle Ranger with tags and with OctoII plus zeagle reg and suuntro gages - all for $250 with shipping included... (BUY it NOW!) I could not help but buy it - even though the Ranger's size is too big - I'm a MED it was a large - but my buddy always wanted one and it fits him perfectly...

I have to say it sounds like a good deal. I just recieved a drysuit, OS Systems trilam with dry socks and I paid $350 shipped. It was brand new. I couldlnt beleive that it didnt go higher, when the one right above it in the same size and basic bells and whistles went for $700 and it was very used. EBAY makes no sense sometimes I think. Let em know how that suit works in the cold as I just picked one up to use when the weather breaks here in PA.

Hi
I did 2 dives yesterday at the isles of shouls.
1st to 76 feet 2nd to 78 feet great dives!!!
1st dive no leaks. 2nd dive I got a little water in the neck seal. When i stood up to get in the boat. I love this suit!!! Its the best suit ive ever dove in.
I had put on 6lbs more on my weight belt but was over weighted.
Rolled of the boat and went under about 8 feet.
when I let the air out of my bc I sank like a rock :)
So Im back to the same amount of lead as my trilam. 24 on my belt and my ss backplate and ss single adapter!
I was swimming through a nice crevice (about 4 feet wide and 20 feet deep)
When I came up behind a huge lobster(about 26lbs) I picked him up boy was he pissed
When I let him go he came right at me! Then he followed me up the crevice?
Until he ran into anouther huge lobster(about 18lbs) They started fighting with their huge claws till the smaller one took off under some rocks:)
Nice dives!!!!
Rick L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom