Eclipse vs Explorer for Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I like the design of the eclipse (double bladder etc) - but I heard the wing is really designed from dumping gas from the rear dump. While I have some GUE training (so I do use the back dump) I still use the front dump a good deal as well - does the eclipse still dump well that way?

I'm looking for a wing for my new set of double 80s. Anyone have person experince with either wing and this rig? Is there any reason I should get the 40lb eclipse?

MASS-Diver:
I like the design of the eclipse (double bladder etc) - but I heard the wing is really designed from dumping gas from the rear dump. While I have some GUE training (so I do use the back dump) I still use the front dump a good deal as well - does the eclipse still dump well that way?

I'm looking for a wing for my new set of double 80s. Anyone have person experince with either wing and this rig? Is there any reason I should get the 40lb eclipse?
Are you referring to a eclipse single tank wing or the explorer double tank wing? Reason i ask is that you are referring to using a eclipse for doubles in your post. I own a 40lb eclipse wing but use it for single tanks.

The Eclipse is a single tank wing not designed for doubles. You need an Explorer or, better yet, an Oxycheq made for doubles.

MD

MechDiver:
The Eclipse is a single tank wing not designed for doubles. You need an Explorer or, better yet, an Oxycheq made for doubles.

MD

hmmm.....I thought I saw some people diving doubles with a 40lbs eclipse - guess not.

I heard some people don't like the shape of the oxcheq wing and that it traps air and I hate their long inflators - but I'll check out their 40/45# wing anyways because I don't like the explorer single bladder layer design.

MASS-Diver:
hmmm.....I thought I saw some people diving doubles with a 40lbs eclipse - guess not.

I heard some people don't like the shape of the oxcheq wing and that it traps air and I hate their long inflators - but I'll check out their 40/45# wing anyways because I don't like the explorer single bladder layer design.

I have seen small double 45's mounted to a pioneer wing before but i think it would be inadequete for anything larger

The explorer wing has a internal bladder with a external protective cover identical to the eclipse.

lal7176 The explorer wing has a internal bladder with a external protective cover identical to the eclipse.[/QUOTE:
Yup, thanks, I'm going with the explorer.

good choice. Yes the Explorer does have a protective shell just like the Eclipse. the 40lbs works great w/ double 80's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom