Eco Dive Center repair - advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobJoubert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
re: Eco Dive Center's repair service

Hi all, I need some advice from more experienced divers on this issue: when i bought my Aeris Atmos XT BC from a friend, I got a Aquatec Air-3 combo octo / inflator along with it (plus the original Air 2 inflator). When I tested the BC out in the pool, I found that the octo / inflator had a slow leak (bubbles coming out of the mouth piece) so I took it off and installed the Air 2 inflator. Then on 11/24 I took the Air-3 in to EDC to be serviced and repaired, was told that it should take two weeks - I eventually got the unit back on 12/21 (their repair center had had a death in the family and they had to become an Aquatec dealer to get the parts).

Today I re-installed the inflator onto the BC and I orally inflated the BC - and I found out that it was still leaking from the mouthpiece.

My question is: should I take it back and ask that they do a proper job - OR just demand my money back, toss the Air-3 and use the original inflator? I kinda like the combined inflator because it includes the air horn!!

You can try to get your money & see what they say. If they offer to fix it right give it a try you have the other the as a back up for now. Since you like the air 3 better you might as well give it a try.

John

If you paid to have it serviced you should take it back and ask them about the leak. You should be satisfied, and if you aren't you should ask the LDS if they can correct the problem.

You could try West Coast Divers also they have a repair shop on the premises.

Make them fix it right. Next time, try another shop. I can second Malibu Dive Repair (see above link in Empty V's post), or if you're willing to mail it out, ScubaToys does fantastic work for an incredibly reasonable price.

I believe the same tech that does the work for MDR actually works on the regs for a number of local shops, including Hollywoodivers, but I haven't verified this.

CONCLUSION:

I went back to Eco Dive Center yesterday (01/12/2008) because I didn't want to drive 40 miles in the rain the Saturday before!!

Basically, Beth (the person running the Eco Dive Center shop yesterday) said to me that they (EDC) do NOT want to be involved with this issue and that I have to contact their repair shop directly to sort it out between him and me.

SO that means that although EDC has scuba equipment that I may want to buy, they have lost me as a customer and I will NOT refer anyone to them in future. May not be big bucks but in the LDS world, any lost sale is (hopefully) cause for concern on their part.

Thanks to the board for all the suggestions

Sorry you had to go through this. I find it interesting that EDC is willing to take your money for forwarding your gear to the repair shop, but unwilling to intercede on your behalf to get a problem fixed.

I'd be curious to hear EDC's side of the story. However, from your point of view, things don't look good for them.

Back
Top Bottom