Edge Spg To Zeagle 1st Stage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Supermammal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I got an edge spg and it has a nipple at the end, looking in my Zeagle Flathead 7 HP port there's no place for this to go?? My reg does have a dimple but is offset and wouldn't fit the the nipple on the spg. Do I just remove it or is something wrong here?

Attachments

• IMG_3391.JPG
    IMG_3391.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3392.JPG
    IMG_3392.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 68
The thingie in the first picture goes into the pressure gauge, not the first stage.

it's double sided and my pressure gauge is already attached to the hose with the boot around it? So, it's probably just a spare I can remove to attach to my reg?

So, it's probably just a spare I can remove to attach to my reg?

NO! Something is amiss... If the hole in the fitting is big enough to fit a "spare" pin into it, then it is NOT a high pressure hose. The HP hose fitting has a tiny orifice that fits only the head of a pin. And barely at that.

There will be some writing on the hose... What does it say? If it says it's a HP hose, then someone has perhaps put the guage on the wrong end... There's no swivel though in the free end, so I suspect you have the wrong hose, and the gauge isn't properly fastened... The fittings shouldn't work.

You aren't making April Fools out of us are you??? ;-)

No April fools.

Hose says: "BRX * - PRESSURE TESTED EN 250 - MAX W.P. 350 BAR (5070 PSI) MIN B.P. 1750 BAR"

Attachments

• IMG_3393.JPG
    IMG_3393.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3394.JPG
    IMG_3394.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3395.JPG
    IMG_3395.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 103
Ok... I can't see it well enough.... but if you look down inside your image 3394, is there just a tiny, tiny hole in there? If so, you're good to go. Remove the spare swivel, and carefully screw it in... snug up with a 1/2 grunt with a small wrench.

shouldn't be an issue, the oring seal is at the top of the thread with the body. just take out the spool and install the hose into the hp port. double check for a spool between the hose and the spg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom