Editing program for photo and video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJCBS

Live to dive! Dive to live!
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am new to this and I'm wondering if there is a program that works good for editing both video and regular photo?

Typically, editing photos and editing video require two different types of software as they are accomplishing two distinctly different tasks. There might be some Apps that can do both, but I am not familiar with any.

What type of camera are you using? (Some cameras come with some pretty good photo editing software. Capture One Express for Sony for example is free if you have a Sony and is a relatively good free editor.)

What type of computer do you have? (Macs have iMovie either free or at a very reasonable price (I think I paid $12 for it.) and it will meet most simple needs.) I think PCs also have a basic video editor included, but I am not sure.

If you can give us a bit more information, we may be able to help you a bit more.

You can search for free public domain programs on Google. Personally I use Adobe Photoshop (but ancient version 6.0) for stills and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum for HD video on a PC. Neither is free but you might be able to find older versions for cheap.

I'm currently using Gopro's and Innova's but I also have two Sealife's too. But my wife and I are trying to get into it more. Computers are all PC no macs. I've heard lighthouse and photoshop. Also coral 10

I am new to this and I'm wondering if there is a program that works good for editing both video and regular photo?

I use the free version of NCH VideoPad for GoPro footage (intuitive and quick to learn, the one-click colour balance adjustment is great) and like drbill use a slightly less ancient version of Photoshop.. 7 for stills.

Video Editing Software. Free Download. Easy Movie Editor.

Make sure you download the FREE version a little lower on the page... the more prominent link will access a version that stops working in 30 days!

VideoPad link.JPG

There is a free version of Davinci Resolve from Blackmagic design. It is a full featured video editor. It is very powerful ... hard to believe it is free. Many tutorials on youtube on how to use it. It may not be the easiest to learn as a beginner but you will likely not need to learn anything else. I still use photoshop and lightroom for still but there is a lot out there now for free.

I prefer using adobe photoshop for image editing and final cut pro for video editing.

I am using Capture One Pro for stills and Adobe's After Effects and Premiere Pro for video.

Windows 7 64 bit, i7-4770k, 32gb ram, with 2x SSD and 2x WD Blacks. Only issue with my setup is my GPU, which is a 3D CAD card, does not support Adobe's GPU Acceleration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom