Editing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

Just used my Canon s60 and wp dc40 housing for the first time. I didn't expect much as it was my first time out , and, I was pleasantly suprised.

However, I am having trouble getting photoshop to recognize the raw files. The only program that wil open anything other than the jpeg version of the files is the canon file viewer. I don't remember ever having this problem with my digital rebel. Although I don't often shoot with it in raw.

Do I need another version of photoshop? I am working with basic photoshop elements, and, it has worked okay for me in the past. Do I need the s60 software downloaded? Or is this camera compatible with my software from the digital rebel?

Thanks..

Danny

I agree, probably the Adobe Raw needs updating. If that's not it, however, make sure you camera is actually supported. The readme file should have a listing of cameras that are supported. The S60 is slightly older, if I'm remembering my S series cameras correctly, is it possible Adobe doesn't have support for it?

Adobe says that It does not support any Elements prior to 3.0 (I have 2.0)....I tried lightbox and it works, It's just a bit busy and extremely detailed. I will probably have to grow into a program like that as my editing experience thus far is with the Elements 2.0......

The upgrade to Elements 3.x or 4.x should be pretty cheap, I'd think.

Ah....Elements 2.0 doesn't handle RAW files as far as I remember. You need 3.0 or 4.0. It's less than $100 though so not so incredibly expensive. To edit with 2.0 you'd probably have to open the file with the Canon software and then save it as a TIFF. Elements can handle the TIFF and although you'd lose a bit due to compression etc like that you would still get a decent result.

thanks for all the input...I will just upgrade to 3.0 or 4.0...

Back
Top Bottom