Effin Fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL...no, I had a good laugh when I read the comment Richerso...no offense taken at all.

Some wear a doo rag to look cool I guess....but after an experience last summer when my bald spot got sunburned, and I couldn't brush my hair for 4 days....well, I wear a doo rag now. Besides....I have a bald spot....how cool is that?

I'm wearing my knife today....if I see him....it's Mike Nelson time.....

seahunt.jpg

Ah, so you've met "Charlie the pirahna perch", huh? That one is the reason I pickuped an ultra-lightweight hood that my lds was making and selling. It has almost no thermal qualities, but it's light and not as tight as a "normal" hood (spandex or something) and it's only function is to keep the fish off the ears. Oh, it does have another function...it's in cool colors! With some creativity, maybe it too can be customized with some neat logos and stuff.
Now, go ice down that ear.
:wink:

Oh, and if you want to exact some revenge on that little beggar, try this...
Scuba Diving Videos A new way to go fishing Scuba Videos

I wonder if it's time for another culling?

Yes, I think a few open days of fishing are in order during the week....spearfishing. Do the game laws apply to private property?

I didn't see "Charlie" today.....got my lil Padi's cert'd and diving without any further incidents from the local wild life. I'm glad, but was hoping for some revenge.....

Sunfish are not considered game fish, therefore legal to spear in Texas. Rules for water bodies can vary, check local water body rules too.

TwoBit

Sunfish are not considered game fish, therefore legal to spear in Texas. Rules for water bodies can vary, check local water body rules too.

TwoBit

Technically, largemouth, smallmouth and Guadalupe bass and crappie are in the sunfish family too. The TP&W doesn't list them as such, though. They definitely ARE considered game fish, unlike their smaller but no less tasty cousins.

Don't think any method of harvest is okay at Clear Springs unless by prior approval of the management.

Don't think any method of harvest is okay at Clear Springs unless by prior approval of the management.

Yeah, that's why I said during the week....it would be coordinated with Robert and we could selectively take out only the most aggressive offenders.

Technically, largemouth, smallmouth and Guadalupe bass and crappie are in the sunfish family too. The TP&W doesn't list them as such, though. They definitely ARE considered game fish, unlike their smaller but no less tasty cousins.

True, they are all members of family Centrarchidae but to call them perch as many do is incorrect. Generally if one refers to them as sunfish people know what you are talking about. :D

Yeah, that's why I said during the week....it would be coordinated with Robert and we could selectively take out only the most aggressive offenders.

He's the one that approved and coordinated the last one a year or so ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom