Effingham, Illinios area????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stingray1:
I've only dived it a few times and because of it's size I've come no where near searching all of it by myself. So I'm not sure what is all in it. I do know that somewhere there is a sunk boat.
I'll put you on my buddy list and let me know when you plan on coming through and we'll see if we can meet up. Deal?

Sounds great. What's the vis there typically?

I'll be in touch soon.

This sounds like a thread that could/should probably be moved to our brand spanking new Midewest Muck divers forum.

I thought the same thing, about moving it...no big deal.

Stingray1, I am from Terre Haute, not too far away and wouldn't mind diving the hole sometime. I have the next three weekends booked but since i'm not working I do have weekdays open as well. Give me a PM if you want to plan something.

crawford:
Sounds great. What's the vis there typically?

I'll be in touch soon.

Ten to fifteen feet on average.

crpntr133:
I thought the same thing, about moving it...no big deal.

Stingray1, I am from Terre Haute, not too far away and wouldn't mind diving the hole sometime. I have the next three weekends booked but since i'm not working I do have weekdays open as well. Give me a PM if you want to plan something.
I've got the next three weekends planed out as well. I'll check my work schedule and see if I can squeeze an afternoon in through the week sometime in the next couple of weeks.
I seriously doubt that it would be this week because, I've got specialty class in the evenings for this week.
We'll talk. I'll pm you with my email sometime today or tonight.
Norman

I'm in Champaign. I might be interested. keep me posted

Duke

stingray1:
that there is no one from the Effingham, IL area on this board.
Are all divers as reclusive as the ones that I know are around here. I didn't think so. Most of the divers that I know are friendly and always looking for a chance to dive with someone or to just get wet. I know from talking to a few people that there are some in my area, I just don't know them or haven't met them yet. That's one of the reasons that I'm on here, to find Buddies for that unplanned late afternoon (quick) quarry dive without having to travel several hours or spend a wad of money to get there or to stay a weekend.

I'm up for Effingham after this weekend. You going to be at Mermet for the Halloween fun & games?

Here's the running joke for us.

Frick: "What's for f'ing breakfast?"
Frack: "Effingham"

After about driving for an hour or so....

Frick: "Where is this f'ing client?"
Frack: "Dude, in Effingham..."

:11ztongue

Yeah. OK - its a long drive and well, its usually early Central time when us SoCal PST boys hit the road from STL or Chicago.

K

Back
Top Bottom