Egypt in August: bad idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As much as I would love to dive the waters of Egypt, I just cannot justify any support to the economy of a country that as a society has no concept of women having equal rights and even today has little to no repercussions for horrendous atrocities against women.

That is just BS. There are more atrocities in the US and committed by the US and its allies against women and their families and loved ones worldwide than any alleged atrocities against women in Egypt.

BTW, women in Egypt benefit a great deal from tourist coming in to Egypt so if you want to help women in Egypt, go there and spend money.

As much as I would love to dive the waters of Egypt, I just cannot justify any support to the economy of a country that as a society has no concept of women having equal rights and even today has little to no repercussions for horrendous atrocities against women.
Appreciate that, although one could argue our country is equally misogynistic. Inequality in pay, sexual abuse, and (recently) no reproductive rights. Probably shouldn’t throw stones when we live in a glass house…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom