Egypt - Safaga- wide angle- Canon S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

girellator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here it is

Safaga Egypte 2011 - a set on Flickr

and if you have rather a slide show it's here :

Safaga Egypte 2011

most of picture have been taken with the S90 in fix housing , fisheye UWL-04 , two Inon S 2000 , and a bit of luck :wink:

(Ps on my screen ( calibrate ) the suns looks ok , I hope that it will be the same for you )

Last edited:
Hello Girelle,

Beautiful set as always!

Are you still using your D90 ? I noticed you used to shoot with a Nikon D90.

How do you like using the FIX S90 as compared to the Nikon D90? Reason I ask is I have a D90 that I have been thinking if buying a housing for. I also have the FIX S90 that I am still trying to master.

The fish close-ups are with the UWL-04 or with Native or close-up lens?

btw, the sun looks good on my screen as well.

Thank Ozzi
The fishes are take with the native lense , some with the Uwl-04 and slightly cropped .
If you want to have an idea of the S90 versus D90 have a look at that :

compact vs dslr - a set on Flickr

the first pics have been taken with the S90 and the second one with the D 90/
No I'm not going to sell my D 90 , it will come with us to Philippina were we are (now that we are retired my husband and I) going to spend three months , starting at the end of March !!

Thanks for posting those comparative pics up, finally someone has done what we all wondered about, the same photos shot through a high end P&S and by a quality dSLR with similar perspective and the same subjects and conditions. It is clear that the dSLR is a better camera but it is also clear the S90 holds it's on and would satisfy any hobbyist completely.

It also demonstrates that the photographer is a critical element of the system and what a fine photographer you are.

N

Thank you Girellator.

Very interesting set. Must admit it seems the S90 makes a very good case for itself against a D90 with the same person behind the camera.

I did notice they were not taken on the same dives but rather a week or so apart. Were the general conditions similar (visibility, ambient light etc.)?

So you now travel with both the S90 and D90 rigs?

Where will you be diving in the Philippines?

Thank everybody and especially Nemrod for his kind words .
The picture have been taken in very similar conditions , even if it's not on the same day .
I think that I'll bring both cameras ..but we need to check first the weight for our equipment ..:wink: I'm not sure of the possibilities of the S90 concerning macro , if I was going to do only wide angle I think that I should plan to take the S 90 alone ( I cant' said the S 90 "only" as it's really a wonderfull camera )
We are going to dive first to PG , next about two months to Alona where I hope to meet Gilligan , next Moalboal , and to finish we plan to go to Subic Bay , but I hope that the weather will be fine for diving as we 'll be there around middle of June .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom