Egyptian diver Wael Omar prepares for deepest dive of 400 metres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think he is underwater now. A long dive for sure, he will surface triumphantly tomorrow morning!

I hope this does not turn out to be another Doc Deep.

I think he is underwater now. A long dive for sure, he will surface triumphantly tomorrow morning!
Where did you find that information? Google doesn't seem to have anything newer than the original article. That article has already been shown by Andy Davis to have major factual errors (or as we say in the south "It was a load of ****".)

yea, I did see a previous news article that stated the attempt was originally planned for March 30th, but that has clearly not happened otherwise I'm sure we would know about it. Maybe he's had a reality check and decided against the whole idea.

Egyptian diver Wael Omar survives astounding dive to 404.4 meters on open circuit scuba equipment, surpassing his original goal of 400 meters. The record breaking dive lasted an astonishing 22 hours and 22 minutes, surface to surface. The dive started at 7:36 on the morning of March 31st and concluded early in the first hours of April.

When asked how he managed such a seemingly impossible feat, Wael exclaimed that he held his breath for the portion of the dive that was below 360 meters, conducting that part of the dive in apnea to stave off the effects of high pressure nervous syndrome. Wael says that this is his last planned scuba depth record and that his next endeavor will be to settle down and marry his girlfriend Shadya. "Once is enough for something like this."

I hope it is a Aprils Fool Joke. Any sources?

Well done for him! But what did the diving research gained from this dive? Almost near to nothing...
The next world record should be this: Deepest water balloon fight

Last edited:
April fool for sure!!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom