Electric Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TROGDOR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have heard some horror stories about security at E-Beach, both on shorediving.com and here, no real recent posts though.

Is it still a problem?

Is it just cars getting broken into or should I not take my Haole wife and daughter along to hang out on the beach while I'm in the water?

"electric beach' is a fenced in private beach for hawaiian electric employees and familys only, are you refering to "kahi Point?" if so i wouldn't leave anything in my car of value, it's not as bad as it used to be but things do still get stolen there

Yes, that is what I am referring to. The two places are right next to each other right?

What is their M.O., do they break windows/locks or look for unlocked cars or a little of everything?

I thought about taking everything out of the car and leaving the windows open to keep from having to replace a lock or window, but I suppose that invites it's own set of problems..

I've dove many times at Electric/Tracks/Mahu Beach and all I do is lock my vehicle and ensure valuables are out of sight. I see plenty of families and a few weekends ago my buddy left his girlfriend there while we dove it, she didn't have any problems and she was a rather attractive girl.

Yes, break-ins have occured there and locals are a presence, but I don't worry too much. Locals are generally good people, despite the horror stories some have shared. Not too many people have the balls to do a real break-in (busting glass) with a bunch of folks around and during the day it is fairly populated.

In short, hide your shiny things, lock your car, and the family will be just fine along with the other half-dozen of them there.

Peace,
Greg

I take my car keys and clip em to my BCD. That's about it. Might as well not leave ANYTHING of value in the car. If it's a rental, it's already a target but leaving it open can save you some serious money in repairs.

Again, not really an issue during daytime when tons of people are around.

Diving weekends shouldn't be a problem - plenty of divers around. Just hide any valuables or just don't leave them in the car. Weekdays may be more of a problem as you may be one of the only cars in the lot. I dive there often.

Just got back from diving Electric today, while the parking lot wasn't near full, there were a few cars there. The truck was just fine when we got back to it.

Peace,
Greg

The diving is so much better from that side than Kahe Point, as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom