Elite T3 - NDL times shown not the same as those in user manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sladerer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone noticed the difference in the NDL times between the user manual for the Elite T3 and the times shown in plan mode (air) on the DC itself?

Does anyone know why these are different? I understand the DC doesn't necessarily follow the Navy or Doppler table, but I don't understand why its different from its user manual listing.

Depth NDL in manual NDL shown on DC SSI Table (for comparison)
30 4:20 3:35 3:25
40 2:17 1:53 2:10
50 1:21 1:07 1:10
60 57 46 50
70 40 33 40
80 30 26 30
90 24 20 25
100 19 16 20
110 16 13 15
120 13 10 10
130 11 09 5

thanks for the pointer - so the (air) Plan NDL times being displayed on the T3 do indeed match the 3000 ft elevation level. However, I live about 900 ft ASL and the conservative factor is turned off, so I would expect the numbers to match the 0-2000 ft numbers. Any other pointers to what I might be missing?

When I purchased my Elite T3 recently, it came with a separate Addendum sheet specifying updated NDLs using different altititude ranges (Sea Level is specified as 0'-3000' instead of 0'-2000' and elevation increments are every 2000' instead of every 1000'). I'm wondering if you're missing the Addendum.

As an example, at a depth of 30' my printed manual says:
Altititude 0'-2000': 4:20
Altititude 2001'-3000': 3:35
Altititude 3001'-4000': 3:21

At a depth of 30' the Addendum says:
Altititude 0'-3000': 4:20
Altititude 3001'-4000': 3:21
Altititude 4001'-5000': 3:07

Just a thought...

I do have the addendum, but as you point out 30' deep at 0-3000 on the addendum shows 4:20. My T3 currently shows 3:35 when I select 30' in plan mode. I also reviewed my history and and it shows EL2 as the max for any dive - since I've never started a dive at an altitude over 900ft, I am now convinced there is a altitude calibration issue with my DC.

Does anyone know if this is self-adjustable or if I need to return it to Aeris?

That's odd - 3:35 is the time at 30' in the manual if you have the Conservative factor set to on (EL2). It seems like you may need Aeris to provide you with an upgarde. I thought that could be done on line with the Aeris Computer Interface software, but I could be wrong.

FYI: I have the Elite T3 with Firmware Revision 2A, which is not problem-free. One problem I'm having is:

The Conservative Factor Works other than Specified

- The manual states the setting the Conservative Factor to on, will result in NDL dive times reduced to those of the next higher altitude range.

- In PLAN mode on the computer, NDL dive times are reduced to those of two higher altitude ranges.

- It is unclear which NDL dive times the computer uses in practice.

Good luck with your computer issues - please post any resolution for the benefit of all we Aeris Elite T3 owners.

I can tell you that my computer had an altitude error... I was a sea level and it marked at 80 ft 26 minutes instead of 30 minutes..I sent it back and they sent me new unit....now it;s perfect..

Thanks for the note gpulsar! How long was the turn-around time? I have a trip coming up mid-October and don't want to risk not having a DC. Also, did you return it directly or did you
go through your LDS?

I finally got in touch with Aeris - this will be covered as a warranty repair (as long as I can find my receipt). They've sent me a return authorization number and link to a return form. Looks like I pay for shipping to them and they pay the return shipping - turn around is estimated at 5 days plus shipping time. I'll let everyone know how it winds up.

I also misplaced my receipt but they I gave them the store and contact and the dealer confirmed date and purchase...They will only do this with an authorized dealer....It would be better if you go directly were you bought it and they will return it for you if they are authorized......turn around was 7 days and I am in Puerto Rico.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom