Embarrassing/weird q: itchy butt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Xcel 976 with that so called titanuim quik dry interior that I used to dive before I went dry.
If I wore it all day my butt wouldn't ich but my thighs and calves would.
I would wear long slyle cotton briefs instead of a swim suit.
I never peed in this suit (only because I think it would trap)and always soaked and rinsed it.
Bottom line is it's salt water and anything that is harsh on the skin.
Just another reason to dive dry

ok, embarrassing questions about your embarrassing question...is it mainly in the 'middle part' (otherwise known as the crack of dawn)? once you're showered & dry, does the itching continue? if so, it might be something along the lines of tinea (yeast-type thing like athlete's foot or jock itch). otc lamisil cream for that, every day for a long long time (at least 2-3 weeks.)

WadeGuthrie:
After I dive, if I can't change into dry clothes for 20 minutes or so, I get itchy butt. I'm blaming it on those stupid mesh underwear that are sewn into my swim trunks. I'm pretty sure this isn't type I DCS because I dive pretty conservatively, it happens all the time, and it only happens on my butt. Moreover, I have actually had it happen on the way out to a dive site (having not been in the water at all). I'm not sure it matters but I'm 43, 5'7", 160lbs and have about 150 dives.

Does anybody else get this? How should I combat it? I'm contemplating wearing speedos under my trunks to see if this fixes the problem.

LOL. I hope for your sake that none of your colleagues read this forum.... :D

.....Because some things just stick better than a rash on a baby's butt and the nickname that comes out of this will be one of them..... :)

Brave soul.....

R..

wetrat:
OK now we have three great threads going - peeing in your wetsuit, farting in your drysuit and itchy butts. I guess we must feel comfortable with each other.
Me thinks we're all a little toooo comfortable with each other.... :classic:

I sometimes get this when I've been working all day in the heat. Temp where I work is often 100 -110 degrees. Two solutions have helped. Switching from polyester to all cotton boxers and Gold Bond Medicated Powder. Not much use in the water but after the dive it gets all tingly and feels like thousands of tiny elves gently fluffing and massaging the affected area. It also aids in the drying and relieves the itch.

JimLap:
after the dive it gets all tingly and feels like thousands of tiny elves gently fluffing and massaging the affected area.

Well.....I'm about to go to bed and I am *so* happy you didn't post a profile picture..... :)

R..

Back
Top Bottom