Emergency action plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are 2 plans. The Emergency Assistance Plan and the Emergency Action Plan.

The Emergency Assistance Plan has basic contact information for the local area and locations of emergency supplies.

The Emergency Action Plan has all of this, plus what to do and what to say during the emergency.

Thanks for the clarification. What I completed is what I was required to complete - the Emergency Assistance Plan. But I'm pretty sure the instructors called it an Emergency Action Plan. I bet the terms are often intermingled and misused.

Well, I finally finished and completed my Rescue - after all that, the instructor didn't even ask about the emergency plans until i reminded him. When I gave him the plan after the course, he didn't even check it and tell me whether it was right or not..oh well.

Lottie :eek:)

My intructor had me do mine in a report format for both rescue and divemaster courses. I like bmcsteve's eap. pull out menus for various icidents.... curious. Good luck Lottie.

Well, I finally finished and completed my Rescue - after all that, the instructor didn't even ask about the emergency plans until i reminded him. When I gave him the plan after the course, he didn't even check it and tell me whether it was right or not..oh well.

Lottie :eek:)

It's really about teaching you a mindset, getting you to start thinking about these things before diving a site.

I never did one at all, I'm reading this with my mouth open. I wasn't asked for it and, of course, didn't do one. Can someone post one or PM me with an example?

We have our OW students do them though we give them a basic outline instead of expecting them to make it up on their own. They use our form as a guide to find the information and fill it in for each dive site. Ours consists of 3 pages: a map from the dive site to the closest hospital, a page with your relevant medical information, contacts and insurance info and a page with written directions from the site to the hospital/emergency numbers/brief list of accident management tips. We have them put it in a red 3-ring binder and only the current day's information is to be in there. I should be able to grab your EAP and not have to hunt for the site we're at.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit, can I see an example of one of yours?

Sure, PM on the way for email info :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom