[emphasis] MEDICAL marijuana on Cozumel question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you.
I've been taking the 30 mg, 1 on our way to the marina, and then another during the si.
I'll have to think about it....
That seems like a lot of trouble. I take a 60 when I get up that serves me well during morning dives, a 60 at night to deal with usual allergies, and up to two more a day if ever needed. DSDF.
Generally, antihistamines are like sleeping pills for me; do these have that effect on you?
Nope. But you'd want to try it at home to see how it affects you. The decongestant can make some hyper while the antihistamine might have the opposite effect with some. Of course, I've taken various OTC allergy meds for 60 years or so. My home bud never took any at home, but took Wal Act D on dive trips for his ears, and never had any issues. YMMV.
The D indiatecs it’s for congestion. I take Zyrtec-D daily and not drowsy at all, unlike if I took Benadryl. That regular Benadryl does nothing for congestion. Two totally different animals.
The D stands for decongestant, the pseudoephedrine, while Zyertec is cetirizine, the antihistamine. Benadryl is an antihistamine that should do nothing for congestion but does deal with the cause of the congestion. They're not totally different, but somewhat.

Don't tell anyone but I travel with capsules and have never had a problem. I take CBD daily and find this is the best way to travel with it discretely (has some THC so illegal most places). They look a lot like vitamin D capsules and blend right in with my assorted other pills in my pill tray. Not sure what you have available where you are but it's something for them to consider.

When looking for smokable flower we usually will ask staff at the hotel, a bartender, etc. The downside for someone taking it for medical reasons is experimenting with what you get for effect since the strength won't be known.
I guess the pills don’t have any sort of smell? It is not the appearance of any pills that what would worry me, it is any reaction from the dogs that sniff your bags when you leave immigration. I am just curious—I personally just stick with my rum and Coke so doesn’t really matter to me one way or the other.

I guess the pills don’t have any sort of smell? It is not the appearance of any pills that what would worry me, it is any reaction from the dogs that sniff your bags when you leave immigration. I am just curious—I personally just stick with my rum and Coke so doesn’t really matter to me one way or the other.

The dogs hit on food items.

Use a ham sandwich or an apple as a decoy

Pull out the sandwich and give a dumb tourist look while you shrug your shoulders and act apologetic.

Edit: This is not Financial or Legal Advise IANAL

Just to be clear here I'm not advising or advocating anyone do what I do... just passing on my experience :wink: It's certainly not without risk.

That being said I've never had an issue I certainly cant smell anything indicative about them but then again I've also never had a dog around me at a non Canadian airport.

I guess the pills don’t have any sort of smell? It is not the appearance of any pills that what would worry me, it is any reaction from the dogs that sniff your bags when you leave immigration.

The dogs hit on food items.
The dogs have never looked at me suspiciously.
On the other hand, my wife packed an orange that we forgot to eat. The beagle in IAH discovered it pretty quickly. They x-rayed our bags again, but it did not go on our record.

On the other hand, my wife packed an orange that we forgot to eat. The beagle in IAH discovered it pretty quickly. They x-rayed our bags again, but it did not go on our record.

I think there's a typo in your post. Let me fix that for you:

On the other hand, my wife packed an orange that we forgot to eat. The beagle in IAH discovered it pretty quickly. They x-rayed our bags again, and the event is now on our permanent record.

I've had dogs walk right past me and my luggage that had both Scubafed and THC cartridges. Just saying.

So who's smoking up with at the end of the day at the SB Invasion in June?

I've had dogs walk right past me and my luggage that had both Scubafed
What is Scubafed? The dogs never react to my dry trail mix or coffee grounds. Or Wal-Act D. :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom