Empire Mica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone been there lately? I know it is a good ride from Panama City. What is the Max depth and what all is left of it?

I hear the boilers are still standing and another section of hull, but mostly just a debri pile?

I hear the boilers are still standing and another section of hull, but mostly just a debri pile?

Thats all there was as a of a few years ago. My trip report is around somewhere. Worth a dive for sure.

Its a hell of a long way to go to see a debris pile. The easiest way to get there is to launch a private boat at Indian Pass, its only 22 miles that way. IMHO There is so much limestone reef worth diving soooo much closer than that, that you would get much more bang for your buck chartering a whole dive boat and go to the Captains favorite reefs. It would probably cost around the same sine a trip to the Mica from PCB is going to burn over $1600 in fuel on most of the Charter boats out of PCB.

Back
Top Bottom