Employment related question - Dreadlocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have to ask, you probably already know the answer.

Yea I just like forcing people to explain their innuendo. The ones that do, I have a lot more respect for :) The others don't seem to have progressed beyond the age of 10 mentally.

You've got a good, Sinead-like head Sas. Not a lot of people can pull off the bald look so well.

Back in the days when commodities were traded in pits teeming with overgrown frat boys, a colleague of mine shaved his head on a $500 bet right there in the crude oil pit. He went home and his wife said, "Did we really need the $500?" and his daughter cried, because he was supposed to attend her graduation the next day. At least you did it for a worthy cause.

You've got a good, Sinead-like head Sas. Not a lot of people can pull off the bald look so well.

Back in the days when commodities were traded in pits teeming with overgrown frat boys, a colleague of mine shaved his head on a $500 bet right there in the crude oil pit. He went home and his wife said, "Did we really need the $500?" and his daughter cried, because he was supposed to attend her graduation the next day. At least you did it for a worthy cause.

Haha thanks. My boyfriend hated it or else I'd shave it off again. :wink: I only like baldness or really long hair.

Actually speaking of graduations, I completely forgot about mine until after I'd shaved my head. It was a few weeks later. Woops :( Lucky I had the hat.

Why don't you say what you really mean... "I'm going to stop washing my hair." :rofl3:

If you don't wash your hair regularly, you probably can't grow dreadlocks because your skin oils will interfere with the binding process. Traditionally, people with dreadlocks wash them every other day in the sea, there is some belief that washing them in salt water helps them bind.

Washing dreadlocks

So... My thought is that if you see anything weird or unusual about another person, something outside your culture and experience, don't jump to conclusions about them. Ask and find out, you may be pleasantly surprised to discover your prejudices were unfounded.

Of course, growing dreadlocks does really mean "I'm going to stop combing my hair." But given the amount of work involved to take care of them, dreadlocks are much more likely to be a sign of vanity than neglect :D

Mean what? I don't understand. I think you're just going to have to ask directly what you mean!

Well in the days before electricity when I was young, the innuendo-laden question directed at women with a vivid shade of hair colour was, "Does the carpet match the drapes?"

I suspect the question some people are wondering about is whether you've gone with hardwood floors. I'm not asking though: I am very happy to say that for quite some time I was reading your posts with absolutely no idea of your gender, much less your choice of hairstyle. That's something I like about the Internet: We can be judged by our ideas and choice of words, not the colour of our skins or--ahem--whether we have a gorgeous set of dreadlocks :eyebrow:

Well in the days before electricity when I was young, the innuendo-laden question directed at women with a vivid shade of hair colour was, "Does the carpet match the drapes?"

I suspect the question some people are wondering about is whether you've gone with hardwood floors. I'm not asking though: I am very happy to say that for quite some time I was reading your posts with absolutely no idea of your gender, much less your choice of hairstyle. That's something I like about the Internet: We can be judged by our ideas and choice of words, not the colour of our skins or--ahem--whether we have a gorgeous set of dreadlocks :eyebrow:

Yes I gathered that :) I was just trying to get him to ask his question directly - most people who make innuendo are too embarrassed to specify what they were originally saying and I like to add to this embarrassment for my own amusement.

Though I'm sure from other posts I've made on Scubaboard (in particular, threads on drysuits), Herk_Man can determine the answer to the question he asked.

Yea I just like forcing people to explain their innuendo. The ones that do, I have a lot more respect for :) The others don't seem to have progressed beyond the age of 10 mentally.

Apparently I offended you. If I sincerely apologize, will you bump me up to 13? Sorry. Been around too many divers and pilots for too long. Never will I argue that I'm not just a grown up kid.

Sorry. Request forgiveness. Sincerely.

Apparently I offended you. If I sincerely apologize, will you bump me up to 13? Sorry. Been around too many divers and pilots for too long. Never will I argue that I'm not just a grown up kid.

Sorry. Request forgiveness. Sincerely.

I'm not offended. It will take a lot more than that to offend me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom