Empress of Ireland Deck Plans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does any one here have the Deck plans for the Empress of Ireland?? If you do it would be a great help. I am doing some research on her, and someday hope to dive the wreck. Please PM if you can be of any help. Thank you very much.

I can't help you with the deck plans but will look into it for you. Myself and two other instructors from our shop in Jersey would kill to dive the Empress. We were hoping to find someone wanting to do the same that was familiar with the area. Keep me posted, perhaps we could join you.

If you guys want first hand information regarding this wreck get hold of Dan's Dive Shop in St. Catharines Ontario. Ask for Matt (owner). He has done this dive many times and has had great penetration. Usually he goes once a year. Read up on this one first not a piece of cake. An excellent documentary was on the Discovery channel about this ship.

Moved the thread to the tech/wreck forum as you may get more responses there. And Diving the Empress of Ireland is a bit beyond basic scuba.

Hey ScubaRik, good to see you finally made it to the party over here!

Still have the meetings every month bud!

Steve R.

P.S> Just because I also saw this on another thread, don't expect to find the deck plans at the museum in Father Point. They haven't been there for at least two years from what I was told this past fall when visiting.

Don't have the deck plans but the book - "Dark Descent - Diving and the Deadly allure of the Empress of Ireland" was a great book. Written by Kevin F. McMurray...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom