Encouragement for diving students

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations!!! And, Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes . . . I just turned 52 :05: . Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't teach an old(er) dog new tricks! I wish I could have started diving sooner, but I'll be out there as much as I can!

Jocasseegirl:
Thanks for the birthday wishes . . . I just turned 52 :05: . Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't teach an old(er) dog new tricks! I wish I could have started diving sooner, but I'll be out there as much as I can!
My hat's off to you for facing your fears. 52, Geeeze, your just a kid.

A very famous man once said; "You have nothing to fear but fear itself".

Congrats

Gary D.

That's a great story and congratulations!
Do you have any hesitations about doing night dives? That's going to be my little hurdle the first couple of times but am looking forward to clearing it. Eh, I love the dark waters off of South Florida.

I haven't thought too far in the future about what kind of diving I'd like to participate in. I'm pretty sure I'll take some more courses - just don't know what yet. I'm just basking in my personal glory of getting my OW!

Congratulations Jocasseegirl,

I was at Jocassee last Saturday (9/17/05) and actually was talking to Bill while I was gearing up.Bill told me about your training and the fact that your family owned the Lodge he had been diving.You certainly looked to do be doing very well to me. As a Dive Master I sometimes help out with classes and I thought you were doing very well.I got certified 5 years ago at age 40 and I try to get to Jocassee every weekend from May until early November.I dont dive Jocassee in the winter as I dont own a dry suit and doubt if I could afford a good one anyway.I solo dived down to the airplane wing and then into the forrest on my first dive Saturday.The second dive I used Nitrox and ventured into the woods on the line down by the motorboat.Both were great dives with good visability.I hope to meet you at the Lake sometime soon.I would be happy to dive with you or Bill--but I aint going down to the Lodge--not on purpose anyway!!!!!

Keep practicing and taking classes.When I first started diving,my instructor told me "If you can dive Lake Jocassee comfortably,you can dive anything in the recreational limits without a problem."I have found that statement to be very true!

Congratulations again,
Joe

Well, hey, Jocassee Joe! Always a pleasure to talk with another Jocassee Junkie! Yes, everything went extremely well last weekend (you should have seen me back in July - HA!!) I remember meeting a couple of people at the ramp on Saturday, but I'm horrible with names, and I was pretty preoccupied. I'll be up there this weekend. The guys (don't know how many yet) are diving the Lodge early Saturday morning and Sunday morning. This will be the first time I get to dive with them -- er, uh . . . to 60 feet, anyway! I ain't doing the 300-foot dive either . . . ever! I told them I've seen the Lodge - many times :D Drop by Bill's shop this weekend. SOMEBODY is gonna dive off the ramp with me this weekend, if I have to drag them there. How deep is the airplane wing? This skeleton . . . is he at the graveyard, or is there another one, too?

Congrats as one female diver to another. I love to see women in this sport. It's been my experience that lots of women start out with the same phobias as you, but end up as great divers.

Congrats Jocassee Girl! I am so glad you stuck with it. I am a big fan of jocassee and like diving it as much as possible. I haven't been up to it in a little while, and am definately due for a trip up that way. I'm one of those "Lake Lanier Looney Birds" that The Kraken speaks of. Maybe a few of us Loonies can come up that way and we all could get a dive in together. I like the pumpkinhead on the spike near the skeleton as well. Jocassee is such a beautiful place, I'm always in awe of it during surface intervals.

Matt

Bravo! I had problems very much like yours when I did my classes. (I did mine in May.) As stupid as is sounds, I practiced breathing through the snorkel in my hot tub.
I can only imagine what my neighbors thought if they saw me.

Congrats!

Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom