End of the season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Searcraigh. got back op booked for here in Dec, so will get back in the water asap.. perhaps next very we could catch up and perhaps dive together (or as a group)

Sure DD, who do you normally dive with? I am generally with Scuba 2000 over at Bidaya or Divers Down at the Miramar Hotel.

The drift part is fine, it's the finding the way out over the icy riverbank that is challenging.
You are in my neck of the woods.

As the local dive is the Niagara River, it gets a little challenging to do solo a couple mile drift.... :D. There isn't really anything in regard to the lakes here (mostly Lake Erie). It would be "interesting" to wait for the ice ,and snowmobile to the wrecks (typically 3-4 miles offshore), cut a hole, and explore..... :hm:

As I get older I'm becoming acutely aware that my diving days are not infinite. Having an almost 8 month layoff hurts more than it did 15 years ago. This year decided to by a drysuit so I can dive all year round. Cost a pretty penny, a penny I can't really afford, but if it means I can dive year round it's well worth it to me although I did have a hard time convincing my wife. I'm generally a happier person during diving season and my wife knows this so a concession was made:D

It's well past end of the season for us locally. I'm sad because I was sick last month, otherwise we may have gotten another dive weekend in. Now I just have to wait until December when we go to Mexico for a week.
Went to Cornell College in IA. I don't think it's even possible to dive in the winter there, unless you ice dive, is it? I assume your lakes freeze in Nov-Dec.

Went to Cornell College in IA. I don't think it's even possible to dive in the winter there, unless you ice dive, is it? I assume your lakes freeze in Nov-Dec.

No, I don't think it is possible to dive here in the winter. The lakes are definitely frozen. I've heard an instructor talk about ice diving (he hadn't done it yet), but I don't know where you can do it- most of the sites are shut down in the winter, so you'd be trespassing. I guess if you owned private property?

My scuba season is over as well. What a great season it was, 77 dives, high fived a Giant Manta at Socorro, dove the legendary Scapa Flow, scootered Grand Cayman, shenanigans off SoCal, and UV night dived crazy Curacao. Didn't dive my home waters nearly enough though.

It's gratifying to go through all the gear and put it away for the winter, now I pull out the skis and snowboard.

My scuba season is over as well. What a great season it was, 77 dives, high fived a Giant Manta at Socorro, dove the legendary Scapa Flow, scootered Grand Cayman, shenanigans off SoCal, and UV night dived crazy Curacao. Didn't dive my home waters nearly enough though.

It's gratifying to go through all the gear and put it away for the winter, now I pull out the skis and snowboard.

Bought my ski pass last week, I'll be waxing my skis this weekend :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom