Enforcement at Kelvin Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, just curious as I haven't been to Kelvin in a while, the visitor spots don't require any kind of pass to use, right? And if you buy a $10 pass from the marina you can use the resident spots? Are either/both of these statements correct? - I know there are a few different versions floating around. cheers! Alex

Correct, a parking pass of any sort is no longer required. Just be sure to park on the "visitor's" side of the lot, on the left.

Correct, a parking pass of any sort is no longer required. Just be sure to park on the "visitor's" side of the lot, on the left.

...but if those 5 visitor spots are full (as they will be during prime beach time this summer) you are supposed to purchase the $10 pass from Lions Bay Marina which must be displayed while you are parked in one of the resident's spots - otherwise you'll be ticketed.

...but if those 5 visitor spots are full (as they will be during prime beach time this summer) you are supposed to purchase the $10 pass from Lions Bay Marina which must be displayed while you are parked in one of the resident's spots - otherwise you'll be ticketed.

HA! I wouldn't even take the chance, I'd keep driving to Porteau.

we (two other divers and myself) also saw that big municipality vehicle parked accross all the vistor spots :( we left a note saying we tried to park in visitor and couldnt-- luckily we didnt get a ticket!

a couple days later we were chatting with one of the residents who told us to enjoy the site and that it was just two crazy residents who wanted no diving allowed... hopfully things continue to improve, i LOVE kelvin!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom