English difficulty kicking a rugby ball in that 'nasty' wind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DORSETBOY

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
How come the French dont have any difficulty kicking their penalties when England use the wind as an excuse for missing kicks from all over the park?

Another question... Wales for a well deserved six nations victory this season?.. a taff can dream!

just wait till Wales meet the irish...

DORSETBOY:
How come the French dont have any difficulty kicking their penalties when England use the wind as an excuse for missing kicks from all over the park?
Dont know, but do you recall the leaves on the line excuse of the train delays/cancellations?? Same deal, just find someone/thing to blame.
DORSETBOY:
Another question... Wales for a well deserved six nations victory this season?.. a taff can dream!
And of course he can keep on dreaming :wink:

mossym:
must make you appreciate wilkinson even more huh simon?
Those were the golden days :wink:

Personally i always hated rugby matches where most of the points were scored by penalties - takes all the fun out of it. Technically we won as we actually got two tries :wink: They shouldnt count a penalty as such a high score as 3 points, maybe only 1 or 2 max so the players might actually try for the line rather than dropping back on their kicker.

i don't know, some of the penaltied and conversions that are scored are unbelievable, show these american football kickers some kicks from the sidelines and i bet they'll see how easy they have it...

mossym:
i don't know, some of the penaltied and conversions that are scored are unbelievable, show these american football kickers some kicks from the sidelines and i bet they'll see how easy they have it...
No comment on the simple kicking in American Football. :wink:

DORSETBOY:

As much as it turns my stomach to say so, it could be because the French ruggers don't seem to need to make excuses. I was just back from New Zealand in 1999 when they soundly beat the All Blacks in the world cup semi-finals, and as far as I've seen, they've put up a strong club ever since.

I'd be happy to seem them get stuffed, but they can definately play.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom