English difficulty kicking a rugby ball in that 'nasty' wind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adder70:
That's why any miss within 50m is considered a choke job. If you can't hit 95% from 45m, don't even look for a job.

I think an american football kick is easier, but they're expected to make almost every one, and from distances often further than typically seen in rugby. Not to mention, the ball isn't just sitting there waiting for you to come kick it. it is put down just as you plant, and you have to adjust to placement and angle while in the kick.

Comparing American football to rugby is like comparing either to soccer. Comparisons are only slightly applicable. Different tough spots for each.

Besides, I think the toughest kicks are in Aussie Footy! :D (30m with arms dragging you aside as you kick the dropped ball toward goal. That's skill!)
I havent seen many make kicks from much further out than 40yds, in rugby its 24yds (22m) out, but up to 38 yds to the side which could make a kick of 45yds at an oblique angle - it may be dead ball but its not dead centre. As for football, rugby was an adaptation of football, someone just picked up the ball during a game at a school in Rugby and it kind of rolled from there. I'd still take an American football kick over a rugby kick any day of the week :wink:

As for Aussie Rules, i dont understand that bouncing thing, nor the passing style - neither make for an easy game!

agreed..you ever kick an american football, it's about half the wieght of a rugby ball, it goes forever, that how the longer kicks are made...

hey simbrooks, you should look up gaelic football...it's where aussie rules came from...

Wales for the championship?

England for the wooden spoon?

well I can live in hope lol.

DORSETBOY:
Wales for the championship?
Ahhh yessssss! Given the famous win over France yesterday, one can begin to dream. The Irish and the Scots left. I'd feel happier if Gareth Thomas were fit for fight, but still ... three games, three wins ... :11ztongue

All together now: "Guide Me Oh Thou Great Jehovah ..." :shiner: :medal:

gonna be a tight one but the tournament has finally come alive!

Looks like it'll come down to the wire and be decided on Ireland v Wales.

as long as we beat the frogs...did anyone think ireland would be 0 from 3 at this stage...

all together now..."england for the wooden spoon doo-dah doo-dah"

After the first two games I finally worked out what the "O2" on the front of England's shirt stands for... "played 2, won 0"

Are "O2" now gonna have to change their name to "O3"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom