Enriched air course PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nuttygeez

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi all,

Can I get some clarification on the PADI Nitrox Course please.

The instructor Manual says that the student should read the book, watch the video and fill in the knowledge reviews in the book. Then you have to do an exam and do 2 dives on nitrox (or simulate)

I have been told by the shop that the student can watch the video on line with the card that comes inside the pack, I know the student watches the video on line in the e-learnng course, but I have never heard of the student getting a code card for the video on line to watch independently. I can't find a newer version of the Nitrox Instructor outline than 2010 anywhere, so please can you enlighten me?

Thanks in advance

Crew pack comes with a simulator card for the computer course.

What exactly do you want to know?

As the instructor how do I verify that the student will go watch the video and do the sections online?

As the instructor how do I verify that the student will go watch the video and do the sections online?

You don't. It's optional. You give it to them and then leave it up to them. You only have to go over knowledge reviews, do an exam and then do 2 simulated dives.

Ok, so basically they've reduced this course to absolute bare minimums

I've just checked and you don't actually have to review knowledge reviews with them either.

instructors can do more than that if they want. But you can complete the course within standards in about 30-45 mins if you want without breaking a sweat.

Some would argue it should be included in open water/aow but it makes too much money for padi and instructors so won't be.

I've just checked and you don't actually have to review knowledge reviews with them either.
Is that for online the online course only or for the text/video course also.?
I'll have to get a current IM manual for that specialty because mine states;
Students must complete the two Enriched Air Knowledge Reviews for the instructor’s review and retention in their student record files. They must complete the reviews even if you handle knowledge development through presentations due to language requirements.
Bold is mine

For computer course "review knowledge review part 1 and 2 - optional". I can't see any instructor actually not doing this though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom