Enriched air course PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest you join the Instructor to Instructor forum on ScubaBoard and discuss this there.
Some would argue it should be included in open water/aow but it makes too much money for padi and instructors so won't be.
You can do it with the open water course.

Reactions: yle
I made myself a Scuba Steve Nitrox card.. Works 99% of the time.. Then I taught my wife and son after making myself a instructor.. I'll need to teach my daughter in law before we go to Bonaire...

Jim...

As a student, I was disturbed enough when I didn't get taught nitrox tables (just plug it into your computer and trust it!) but at least it had some dives still attached to it!

I just completed my Course and must add that it may differ from state to state. I'm Australian and everywhere in Australia, the course is pretty much as you state, however, in Queensland (where I live and did the course), you actually must do the two (?) I did 3 dives, they cannot be simulated...not sure of the USA, but it is worth considering. Cheers!

You can still do the two dives with PADI instead of the two simulated dives, but it is not clear why you would want to.

You can still do the two dives with PADI instead of the two simulated dives, but it is not clear why you would want to.
Because 300$ for no diving is rather expensive, no?

Theoretically the card is to access your computer simulator. Still, you should have been provided with a video to watch it. Padi haters: If you are honest about that, nowadays, there is not too much that an instructor can do to teach the theory. Me personally, i like to do a 2-3 hours theory with my Nitrox Students, going through all the important points and making sure that everything is understood. But to be honest, i could skip this session with most of my students and the level of knowledge would have been the same. Yes, PADI wants money, so does SSI and many other organizations and the Dive Centers and the Instructors. How weird no? But at the end, is all about the instructor. Anyway, enjoy your Nitrox Course. Happy Bubbles! Gery @ScubaLegends www.scuba-legends.com

Because 300$ for no diving is rather expensive, no?
?? $300 ??
Buddy Dive on Bonaire (for example) charges $35 for an e-Learner, and $130 for a regular class, textbook included.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom