EON Core weird behaviour

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, another high desert diver, who do you dive with in SLC?

but yeah :( I do have a little buyer's remorse. I don't hate the suunto, but I don't love it either. I've been considering doing the same thing

Can you use the suunto transmitters with the perdix ai?

Nope.

I thought it would be here by now, but the way it was described last November was that the GF option would only be available on the Eon Steel - not the Core, and not anything else that can upgraded via firmware. (there should also be an upgrade from Fused RGBM to Fused RGBM 2.
I remember that now from DEMA.

Hey, another high desert diver, who do you dive with in SLC?

but yeah :( I do have a little buyer's remorse. I don't hate the suunto, but I don't love it either. I've been considering doing the same thing

Can you use the suunto transmitters with the perdix ai?
I dive with a number of peeps from around the valley. I teach out of Dive Addicts in Draper.
If you are in the area, let me know.

Sorry, the pods don’t cross over.

I remember that now from DEMA.

I dive with a number of peeps from around the valley. I teach out of Dive Addicts in Draper.
If you are in the area, let me know.

Sorry, the pods don’t cross over.

I know dive addicts, went there once or twice for gear, but it's a little way out of my usual itinerary and so I forget it's down there, do you teach a solo/independent/self-reliant diver course? That's on my list but I've not found anyone in the valley who wants to teach it

I'm up in SLC and dive with folk from neptune if I'm diving in state

Should you go into deco, Shearwater keeps working, Sunnto locks you out in a preset time

This is incorrect. No dive computer locks you out for going into deco. You need to go into deco AND then go above the ceiling.

My .02
Should you go into deco, Shearwater keeps working, Sunnto locks you out in a preset time.

Nonsense. TheEon will lock you out if you ascend past your deco ceiling and don't return to it within 3 mins - either you have a big problem or you shouldn't' be making deco. 100+ deco dives, no lock out for me

I was told Sunnto is releasing a firmware update to allow GF’s. Not sure when or if it’s been released yet.

Last info I had, was it had been put back until Q3/4 this year because the D5 launch took priority

How do you like the Perdix vs the Suunto?

Unlike others in the fan club, I'm not a Perdix fan not that it's bad but the negative points for me don't rate it as high as the Suunto. When Suunto launch GF I'll probably get a backup Eon Steel. I have now over 100 dives with the Perdix and it hasn't grown on me.

I may keep it for SM but I'm not as yet inclined to cough up cash for 2 Transmitters when my SPG's are right in front of me

that sounds about the same as mine, but I have max brightness turned on, and I think that brought it down to the 17hr mark when the battery was new

Just as another data point, my eon core shows 19 hours on a fresh charge on normal brightness and 14-15 hours on max brightness. Never used low brightness, so not sure what it does.

Nonsense. TheEon will lock you out if you ascend past your deco ceiling and don't return to it within 3 mins - either you have a big problem or you shouldn't' be making deco. 100+ deco dives, no lock out for me
Thanks for expanding. That was what I was trying to get at but was at a loss for words. Should have just hit delete.

Just as another data point, my eon core shows 19 hours on a fresh charge on normal brightness and 14-15 hours on max brightness. Never used low brightness, so not sure what it does.

sounds about right, an overnight charge on an 11 month old battery now gives me a 98% charge and 14 hours predicted battery life on max brightness

Thanks for expanding. That was what I was trying to get at but was at a loss for words. Should have just hit delete.

if it helps I actually understood what you meant :) but thank you to the others for the elucidation,

that was my real issue with the problems I had - I was pretty certain I was nowhere near deco, but didn't want to disregard the computer because I'd heard it would give me a 48hr lockout into gauge mode if I skipped a deco stop. Plus I was diving with a large group, and staying 'deep' with a malfunctioning computer and then incurring a lengthy deco stop was going to be too complicated to explain to the rest of the group.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom