Epcot Dive question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba jeff

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be at Disney World with my whole family for my mother's 60th b-day. I wanted to get away for a little while and get in some diving. I was wondering how the Divequest at Epcot is?
Also, for anyone who has done the trip, how long in advance do you have to book this dive?

Thanks

Jeff, in two words, BOOK EARLY!

I wanted to do the dive last December (for Christmas) and called early November to book; it was all sold out when I was going to be there. I tried to stand-by, but no such luck. BTW, if you're PADI certified, you'll get 10% off. You can take your mask, but nothing else; it's all provided. I took my wrist computer, and was told they would allow me to use it, but that would be it. It would have been nice had I've been able to do the dive. Oh well, maybe sometime this year.

scuba jeff:
I'll be at Disney World with my whole family for my mother's 60th b-day. I wanted to get away for a little while and get in some diving. I was wondering how the Divequest at Epcot is?
Also, for anyone who has done the trip, how long in advance do you have to book this dive?

Thanks
My brother-in-law's done it twice. He said it's the best viz he's ever seen, you could see clearly completely across the tank. They booked both times in the spring for a summer vacation. He mentioned that one time it was all booked up and the other he was offered an extra tank since there were so few divers.

Your family can photo/video you from the pavilion outside. I think there's also a restaurant there with a view - not sure about this.

i've heard from those who have done it that it is an ok dive, but it's great
to intereact with the kids watching you through the view windows.

i've thought about doing it, but my money always gets spent on gear (darn)

scuba jeff:

Thanks
My wife and I dove the living seas and it was great! It's a 45 minute dive they provide all the equipment for you (the only personal equipment they allow in the tank is masks) They size you up while they are taking your cert cards and when you get to the tank your equipment is all there perfectly weighted and sized. By the way it's all top of the line stuff, Scubapro I think. There are rays, sharks, turtles and tons of fish. The cool part is that everyone is looking at you dive through the windows of the tank and the window in the restaurant. You also get to go behind the scenes at the Living Seas which was kind of neat. They video the first 20 - 25 minutes of the dive (for you to view later and purchase if you care to, we did how can you not) then it free diving for the next twenty minutes.
All in all a very fun time, we highly recommend it... Every time we're in Orlando we'd do it again.
Like scubaguy62 said PADI cert gets you 10% off.
We did it last New Years, booked it about 2 months before we went and had no problem. I think it more or less depends when you go. Do it, you'll have a blast, easiest diving you'll ever do.

Thank you all for the replies. I am going to Orlando for memorial Day weekend, so I will have to book early. Thanks for the heads up on the 10% Padi discount, always helps to save money on a pricey dive. I will post a review when I return although that won't be for a few months.
Thanks again

scuba jeff:
Thank you all for the replies. I am going to Orlando for memorial Day weekend, so I will have to book early. Thanks for the heads up on the 10% Padi discount, always helps to save money on a pricey dive. I will post a review when I return although that won't be for a few months.
Thanks again
I think that SSI divers can get that exclusive 10% discount as well (I just saw something about it on the SSI site last week). Anybody care to tell what this experience costs?

i did it, it was all right, i mean for the most part if you have dived the bahamas or something like that its the same deal, dont know how long you have to book becuase well i did not book the trio my freind did.

My wife and I did it in January of this year. I posted a pretty detailed trip report here (see Day 2).

Interacting with the kids on the other side of the glass was a hoot! We're probably going to do it again next year when our family gets together in Orlando for a family reunion.

You'll have a blast.

We did it about ten years ago when it cost $140 pp including a tee shirt and behind-the scenes tour. They only conduct the dives in the late afternoon. After you are briefed and geared up, they march you through the main concourse of the Living Seas and you realize that you are paying to be a part of the show. The dive too was scripted and we were not allowed venture off on our own. All in all it was a novelty woth doing once. (Also, if you have non-divers in the group, they'll still need to pay the Epcot admission fee in order to watch).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom