Epcot, is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We bought the DVD after watching it because we had lots of "screen time". One hint - be sure to ham it up a lot when the camera is around and in front of the windows both at the restaurant and the public viewing area. We even got in on a wedding reception that was going on in the function room that looks into the tank - both on the video with the bride and groom in the window between us and in shots by the wedding photographer. :D

Marc

I've always wanted to do it myself. It's about the same money I've spent on some bad diving. I'd see about bringing my own camera along. Plus have someone on the other side of the glass.

My son and I did DiveQuest last March. I was a blast! We're counting the days until we can do it again next year. Yes - its expensive, and its not the Carribean, but where else can your family and friends actually watch you dive? Compared to what a week at Disney costs, the $140 bucks is noise level. The staff is top notch, and the equiptment is all ScubaPro - they take care of everything. You basically show up, step into the tank, strap on the BC and fall into the water.

We had a great time interacting with all the kids at the glass and we had dozens of people waving and taking our pictures from the restaurant. One kid ran up to the glass to offer us some of his fries.

As for the DVD - get it. I used iMovie and iDVD to rip out the 10 minutes of our dive, and some of the stock footage, and then mixed it with the video my dad took from the other side of the glass. It came out great.

Like the promo says - at DiveQuest - you don't just SEE Disney - you DO Disney.

offroaddiver:
I've always wanted to do it myself. It's about the same money I've spent on some bad diving. I'd see about bringing my own camera along. Plus have someone on the other side of the glass.

You won't be able to bring your own camera on the dive (unless they've changed that rule in the last year and a half, which I doubt). The only personal equipment you can bring are your own mask if you don't want to use theirs, and a dive computer. All other equipment, you must use theirs.

As for the 10% PADI/NAUI discount, I just asked for it when I booked my dive via phone and they gave me the discounted price, no coupon needed.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom