epm 1 package still a good buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That epm1 deal at $500 was the deal of the decade for underwater photography.
I'm still shooting an epl2 and get very good results. However, I too have spent the money to get the Zen dome and use the 9-18 and 60mm almost exclusively. The kit lens is ok, but if you're into macro the price of the 60 is well worth it. I believe that lens fits in the standard port on the epm1, now you have a really capable macro setup for under 1K.

So, yes, I still think it's a good deal.

I think we all know the camera turns out to be the least expensive part of the UW setup. Throw in the strobes, nicer glass and dome ports and you'll see the accessories exceed the camera. I can live with this. If I upgrade, i can carry over everything to the new setup.

If I decide to cash out, everything seems to hold its value.

If I decide to cash out, everything seems to hold its value.

Hm! I sold my E-PM1, Oly housing, tray and handles and 14-42mm lens after less than a year, got about half what I had paid new.

Hm! I sold my E-PM1, Oly housing, tray and handles and 14-42mm lens after less than a year, got about half what I had paid new.

John,

I was mostly referring to the glass and strobes. The 9-18 and the 60 mm dont seem to diminish in value.

Is there eBay access in Sweden?

These two items #1 #2 are priced closely to the retail pricing for the magical $500 deal.

Not too bad for using the gear, and then selling.

John,

I was mostly referring to the glass and strobes. The 9-18 and the 60 mm dont seem to diminish in value.

Is there eBay access in Sweden?

These two items #1 #2 are priced closely to the retail pricing for the magical $500 deal.

Not too bad for using the gear, and then selling.

We normally use ebay.co.uk as we then don't have to pay customs duty or tax.
The price $799 is just for the housing (no camera, 14-42mm lens or zoom ring) if I undestand correctly, so it's not nearly as good a deal as the $500 package was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom