equalizing methods - gr8 4 nooBs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a great presentation.

Remember to equalize a few times a day even when not diving. For most of us it becomes much easier over time as your tubes will condition themselves to respond.

Also equalize while you are setting up for your dive and before starting your descent. When making a direct drop the suggestion of equalizing on each breath has worked well for me.

Pete

This was great! I think all instructor should do at least 1 class about this. I had reverse block on the past 4 ascents and was equalizing. No one told me that you weren't suppose to do this on the ascent. I ended up with a bloody nose every time I surfaced. This was the best information that I have yet to receive. I will practice and then try the new techniques on my next dive. THANKS!

This was awesome! All 55 minutes of it, thank you so much for sharing!

I watched the whole thing last night - as a new diver this was a great help.. I am too new to this board to know what it takes to get a post sticky but I vote for this one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom