Equipment advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pegger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My young daughter had a close call with some rental equip. when we were in Cayman Brac this July. Since then I'm determined to buying our own equipment to help prevent future problems.
Any advise as to buying on-line from sites like Scuba.com or Leasure Pro? For us up north here, the savings seem huge when compared to our local dive shops!

Cheers,
Nice to be aboard!!!

What kind of diving equipments you looking for?
Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Pegger... you'll get alot more response if you ask the same in the differant equipment forums. Every one will have their favorite choices so ask, listen, and learn...then check out differant options at various LDS' before buying. (As a side note scuba.com has treated me well, but I knew what I wanted before I bought and they are local to me.) By the way, welcome to the most fun and educational board !

We know them both well. I'd be happy to give you direct feedback just send me a personal note.

Happy Diving

since your not completely sure what you want, I would go to the LDS and try on some gear, and determine what you want. One thing with the online purchases is that the manufacture usually doesnt warranty those items(hence the cheap price), but i know leisurepro offers it's own warranty which i believe is comparable to the manufacture. As far as all my purchases, I purchase my big ticket items (ie bcd, regs, computer, etc) from my LDS just incase i have any problems, plus since i bought it from them they are more inclined to help me learn equipment. just my two cents

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=162807

Thread going, same subject.

Also try searching, third button from right, control bar, top of this page beneath where it says "Welcome, Pegger". Click on advanced search, use words like "LDS versus Online for Kids". Your questions are not unique!

Go to www.scubatoys.com and browse through the items that interest you.
Call them and talk to Larry or Joe. You will be treated like an old friend. They have full manufacturers warranty and satisfaction guarantee.

You may also try www.divetank.com and then call Richard. They are located in Vancouver, so you may be able to avoid import fees. They also have full manutacturers warranty and satisfaction guarantee.

I have had great luck with both companies.

There is nothing quite like touching and trying the equipment on. A local LDS might give you a discount for buying multiple items, and they may try to be competitive with internet prices, although they will doubtfully match them. Its much easier to get your gear serviced at the shop where you made your purchase vs sending the items in the mail for service.

Another thumbs up for www.divetank.com . Richard and his staff have been great in helping me with two drysuits purchase.

As far as warranty - I know some product offers parts for life. However, are the parts for life valid with a Canadian LDS?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom