Equipment Air and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you really send a message to Cressi? Curious to see how they respond.

Response from Cressi (Names removed):
Hi, this is dealing with people who use higher levels of O2, outside of the standard 32-36% nitrox
It doesn`t matter what mix you inflate the BCD with. How that got into the manual I don`t know but please disregard. If you have any more questions let me know.

Thanks,

Technical Services

Cressi USA

3 Rosol Lane

Saddle Brook, NJ 07663

I'm not sure if anyone actually uses very rich mixes as a backgas on a single tank setup with a jacket BC. But let's say someone straps this BC onto an AL80 filled with 100% O2 - I dunno, maybe for IWR or they want to clean their pool and then fly right away or something. And assume that they are smart enough to use and O2 clean regulator. If the BC has been used with non-O2 clean gear, then some combustible material could be present in the inflator valve (the attachment point of the regulator to the BC), and that would be a potential risk.

If you have an O2 clean tank and you use it with a non-O2 clean regulator for air, or have it filled with air that is not hyperfiltered and contains compressed hydrocarbons, before you can fill it with O2 again you should have it cleaned. I guess this is the same idea.

And, of course the whole concept of "O2 clean" needs some clarification. Here is some interesting reading...

I'm not sure if anyone actually uses very rich mixes as a backgas on a single tank setup with a jacket BC. But let's say someone straps this BC onto an AL80 filled with 100% O2 - I dunno, maybe for IWR or they want to clean their pool and then fly right away or something. And assume that they are smart enough to use and O2 clean regulator. If the BC has been used with non-O2 clean gear, then some combustible material could be present in the inflator valve (the attachment point of the regulator to the BC), and that would be a potential risk.

If you have an O2 clean tank and you use it with a non-O2 clean regulator for air, or have it filled with air that is not hyperfiltered and contains compressed hydrocarbons, before you can fill it with O2 again you should have it cleaned. I guess this is the same idea.

And, of course the whole concept of "O2 clean" needs some clarification. Here is some interesting reading...

Does that link work? Not for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom