Equipment Package Deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am a new diver looking to buy my first set of dive gear and I came across the special Oceanic has. I have used Oceanic products during my cert class and dives and it seemed to be pretty good stuff. However, I have never had any experience with the products offered in the special except for the octo. They are the Neo reg, Alpha 8 octo, Cruz BCD and the Veo 1.0. Has anyone ever had experience with any of these? For my open water dives I used an OceanPro BC if there are any similarities and I also plan on buying from a LDS instead of the internet.

Oceanic is good I dive it sometimes. I now prefer Zeagle - like everything in diving (as well as everything else in life) we all have our personal preferences. Why do they make Chevy's and Fords? Anyway, there are two questions: What type of diving will you be doing? (this will dictate responses on equipment to be bought) What price is this package? (this will help us verify if you are getting a good deal). Another possibility is to see what other gear others are wearing on their dives. Divers like to talk about their gear and maybe even let you use it. My vote for now is to try some more equipment and see what equipment you start to like.

Not a bad package at all. The Cruz BCD is an upgrade to the Oceanpro. It'd made of 1600 denier nylon as opposed to the 420 denier of the entry level Oceanpro. The over all construction of the pattern on the Cruz is designed to be more comfortable all around in most all uses from warm water to cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom