Equipment question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don_ky

New
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on a used US Divers Sea 4 regulator.
I purchased one and then found an article on the web that ALL US Divers regulators had been recalled. I also saw a post on here that someone had one and found it a reliable device.

Thanks for any input.

It's a heavy but functional regulator that's a bit dated. There were two options: an additional environmental seal for cold/muck diving and a recreational EAN service kit. There are quite a few of them still out there and they're usually inexpensive. The model was discontinued many years ago but Aqualung still sells a service kit.

Don't sweat the recall. There was a general recall back in the 1970's, long before the SEA was introduced.

I still have one in service since they came out! It gets used very rarely now, but I still keep it serviced! (Hooked up to a pony) Parts are still the same in most of the AL regs!
See you topside! John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom