Erasing dive history from Cressi DC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most dive computers are designed so that the dive log cannot be deleted by the end users. This ensures the integrity of any data collected in instances where the computer is reviewed after an accident. Some of the new computers (see Shearwater) allow you to delete it from the log view but the data is still retained in the system's memory.

tried removing the battery fr a while? they may have a supercapacitor backing up the memory, but those provide a few minutes of power at the most. after that the memory should be gone. unless they use non-volatile storage like flash -- but I strongly doubt that.

My Leanardo has a clear option in log settings but its all or nothing
Where is that? the only « clear » function i have is in Dive Settings and it only clear the settings, not the recorded dives :-/

Have the same issue with a Cressi Archimedes. Nothing in the manual about clearing the dive log. I created a new diver in my software so it doesn't screw things up when I start downloading it. Was hoping to clear the logs first....

I've asked exactly the same few months ago and got a negative answer. To my understanding you can't delete dives. Yes it is frustrating when you buy a second hand one. On the other hand this way you can know the dives (number, duration, depths, etc) the computer has been to from the previous user .

Guess I'll just have to put another 58 dives on it to push off the previous owner's dive log. That's a good goal....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom