essential extra scuba items... (don't leave home without em)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wristshot:
Just a quick note: Rolls of duct tape can be pretty large and bulky for travel. I learned a trick from some backpackers; take a pen and wrap duct tape around it. You can do two or more wraps side by side on some pens. (use a cheap BIC pen so that you can unlock bikes while you are at it) You can wrap several feet of duct tape around the pen without taking up a ton of room. Take as much or as little as you think you might need, plus some more.
And as you go through the search lines at the airport, they dont think you are carrying a bomb or anything!! :wink:

I take my wife or girlfriend. They are good for caring gear. Just not on the some trip, that was all bad. Or if you have any kids they work too.

Just look at your gear and think to yourself if this item goes what can i do to fix it so i can still dive and take that.
Good luck and have a safe trip

I convert my split fins to non-spit with duct tape..........

duct tape (just bring the entire roll)
"zip ties"
HP and LP port plugs
selection of tools
steel "keepers" and selection of bolt snaps and 'd-rings'
shock cord (various thicknesses, a few feet of each)
extra hoses
o-rings

spare mask if your mask is a prescription model

spare straps for whatever needs it
batteries and bulbs for whatever might require such an item
spare first stage(s)
spare inflator for BC

DandyDon:
NEW's list is good, but some parts a little much for a newbie?

Black electrical tape often works better for in-water needs.

Weight belt keepers (4) even if your BC is integrated. Amazing how often someone loses a pouch, switches to a web belt, and has hello with the slipping weights.

Not spare parts, but often overlooked: Safety Sausage each, Storm Whistle each, 2 CDs glued back to back for signaling in the sun, and maybe even a Dive Alert air horn.
Never thought of that before with the cd's
That is cool and I am going to make some now!!
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom