Ethical practice in wreck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly - and I think it's a shame. If NJ wants to create such rules, then it should buy such properties, at whatever price the current owner wishes to charge. After all, if it is SOOOOOOO important that these rules be created, then surely it is worth whatever money would be required to buy such properties.

The flip side of course is, if you are not willing to adhere, don't purchase the property.

It is my understanding that the properties in question also come with tax breaks and are typically prime real estate.

At any rate, some of the most important discoveries have been made on private property, and I for one am grateful that these people gave up the goods for the benefit of all. Whether that was by force or by choice makes no difference in the end.

There are some things that are above the individual. There must be a way to protect and preserve the rights of the individual while also protecting and preserving the rights of the masses.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about some little piece that would only be of value to some eccentric collector, but rather some evidence that may add up to something of real significance.

...these people gave up the goods for the benefit of all. Whether that was by force or by choice makes no difference in the end.
Dictators and evil governments throughout history often espouse similar concepts.

I'm sure that Jews of **** Germany or the Americans of Japanese ancestry who were forced to leave their homes, jobs and possessions behind in the name of the "public good" didn't mind in the slightest.

Again - it's all about power and control and who wields it. Careful - it could be your stuff that the government wants next time.

p.s.: why on earth is "****" censored out??? Good lord.

Dictators and evil governments throughout history often espouse similar concepts.

Just because a serial killer uses crutches to lure unsuspecting women does not make crutches inherently evil.
I'm sure that Jews of **** Germany or the Americans of Japanese ancestry who were forced to leave their homes, jobs and possessions behind in the name of the "public good" didn't mind in the slightest.
True, however those who were drafted into service to fight the Axis powers and those who were forced to ration at home were displaying the "good" end of the spectrum.
Again - it's all about power and control and who wields it. Careful - it could be your stuff that the government wants next time.

p.s.: why on earth is "****" censored out??? Good lord.

Power in the hands of a good person does good, in the hands of a madman, chaos. it all depends on who is in control. Unfortunatly for us our 2 party system rarely allows real talent to rise to the top, only those unafraid to get blood on their hands...

Last edited:
Unfortunatly for us our 2 party system rarely allows real talent to rise to the top...
Now this I can agree with :)

I'm a big believer in the need to dissolve the government of the United States - but that's a topic for a different discussion :)

Back
Top Bottom