eureka!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MantaRey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
a couple months ago: thinking about the radio snorkel, I thought of how cool of an idea it would be to have something that goes under with you so you can listen to music. it would have to be an mp3 or cd player though, so I can choose what I want. and plus radio waves probably don't reach that far out. wouldn't it be cool to be drift diving a nice ledge, while listening to some slow trance or something. it would be like your in a national geographic piece! make your dive into even more of an experience.

so of course this month on rodale's scuba diving, is an article on an mp3 player with underwater housing. for like $399 each.

damn I could've been rich. :(

however, I think it brings up some safety issues, like not hearing distress signals, your computer, or the life around you.

I saw the radio snorkel at oceanfest couple of weeks ago. Price has come down to around $70. Looks like something really cool to have. Only works to 33 ft depth. I suppose if you had an FM transmitter it might be possible to transmit from a CD or mp3 player from pool side or nearby.

http://www.diversdirect.com/scripts/ecatalogisapi.dll/item?item=30028&template=CONVERT240CONVRT

MantaRey once bubbled...
a couple months ago: thinking about the radio snorkel, I thought of how cool of an idea it would be to have something that goes under with you so you can listen to music. it would have to be an mp3 or cd player though, so I can choose what I want. and plus radio waves probably don't reach that far out. wouldn't it be cool to be drift diving a nice ledge, while listening to some slow trance or something. it would be like your in a national geographic piece! make your dive into even more of an experience.

so of course this month on rodale's scuba diving, is an article on an mp3 player with underwater housing. for like $399 each.

damn I could've been rich. :(

however, I think it brings up some safety issues, like not hearing distress signals, your computer, or the life around you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom