Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Spain

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Turkey

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This Saturday should be interesting: The Netherland vs. Russia. :)

A rematch of sorts of the 1988 European Championship final, won by the Netherlands, 2-0. Marco Van Basten's volley for the clincher in the second half is still one of the most remarkable goals I've ever seen.

A rematch of sorts of the 1988 European Championship final, won by the Netherlands, 2-0. Marco Van Basten's volley for the clincher in the second half is still one of the most remarkable goals I've ever seen.

I can't remember a better goal at international level. In terms of individual skill - on the volley, a metre from the byline, to chip it back over the keeper to the inside of the far post, and in the final of a major tournament. I cannot imagine it being bettered. Amazing to think that was 12 years ago now. It was such a tragedy for football when his career came to a premature end.

Youtube says that Van Basten video is no longer available. Any other sources perhaps? Would like to see it again.

*edit* Don't bother, I found it.

One of my personal favourites is Michael Owen's goal against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup.

Last edited:
Can you say deja vu?

Turkey are looking more and more like Greece did four years ago. I cannot believe they got past Croatia like they did. :11:

Do statistics,predict.:confused:

nederland_rusland_189874q.jpg

Numbers speak for them self

Can you say deja vu?

Turkey are looking more and more like Greece did four years ago. I cannot believe they got past Croatia like they did. :11:
They're dead men walking...:warning:

Germany have always had Turkey's number. Shoot me if I am wrong, but I only see that going one way...

Back
Top Bottom