European Diving Guide?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

draco:
I'm on in helping build a web site on european dive sites, or at least be part of it! It really looks like a great idea! I volunteer! We could start by resarching within the web, translating sites and information and so on. regarding my country I already know somw web sites where I'd look and easily translate in english

Hi guys,

It's nice that you are interested on this project. I think that we need at least 10 people of us moderators to produce contents to web site. Anyway we have to plan more things mentioned above.

I'm leaving for couple of weeks for my summer vacation. We are going to crisscross northern Italy, first navigating to Milan and from there to Corsica for diving. Lets keep in touch after vacation.

Not much diving here in Milano Juha. The idroscalo is about 3m deep in places but a lot of boat traffic (mostly pedalo and canoe it has to be said).

Chris

chrisch:
Not much diving here in Milano Juha. The idroscalo is about 3m deep in places but a lot of boat traffic (mostly pedalo and canoe it has to be said).

Chris

And there's nothing to see...
Go to Garda lake or head directly to Liguria if you'd like to dive....

Dive Safe!
Paolo

MonkSeal:
It's very nice here. I dive mostly in Istria (almost every weekend). Now we have a new road - it takes me less than 3 hours from Zagreb to Pula.

Yeah... this road helps a bit!!!! But still it's a long way to Zadar.
MonkSeal - here is my report from Croatia:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t63622.html
As always it was great but Croatia is getting more and more expensive.... brrrrr.

As the diving sites in Poland - I volunteer to provide some info about both - sea and fresh water. Remember that the most famous II WW wrecks are located in our Baltic Sea...
Some of them you can find here:
http://www.balticwrecks.com/en/home.html
Mania

mania:
Yeah... this road helps a bit!!!! But still it's a long way to Zadar.

Mania

Now you have highway all the way except 40km and one tunnel. By the end of this month everything will be highway except this tunnel (which is scheduled to be open next year).

Next year you will actually have highway all the way to Split (and almost to Dubrovnik)...

and for the prices..... what's there to say?

hello everyone,

wow, I'm getting excited so many people like the idea of a European diving website!!
It looks like we have some potential moderators in this thread already :)

okay, let's talk about this in more detail after your holiday, Juha. In the meantime I'll see what I can gather on interesting links for the Netherlands.

Any French and Belgians on here too by any chance?

As for me I'll search through the Italians' sites and try to get the best out of them...

Dive Safe
Paolo

Paolo

Not much to see in Garda either. Where do you normally go - Portofino area? We are still finding our way round here but would like to do MV Haven at some point. Best reports seem to be Sicilia and Sardegna.
Any good shore dives that you know of that aren't too far to drive (traffic to Genova is terrible)?

Chris

chrisch:
Paolo

Not much to see in Garda either. Where do you normally go - Portofino area? We are still finding our way round here but would like to do MV Haven at some point. Best reports seem to be Sicilia and Sardegna.
Any good shore dives that you know of that aren't too far to drive (traffic to Genova is terrible)?

Chris
I personally dived either in liguria or in Sicily, all the others dives have been made in other states...
I'm thinking on going freshwater, if I have the time, this August. Do you know nice places around Milano?

If you want some Irish sites..would be more than happy to provide !

oleras

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom