Wanted European style Fill whip hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMADMAN

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a fill whip hose with European fittings for an older Bauer Jr. 2

Attachments

• IMG_1392.jpeg
    IMG_1392.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 64
Not sure what those fittings are... are they both the same?
The oring is throwing me off and the angles look different

Better to convert it to something more common like, JIC with an adapter fittings, or in a pinch cut the hose and get something more common crimped on, a place that does hydraulic hose is you friend. But don't tell them is for breathing air. I wouldn't tell them is even for air. Unless you have a good relationship with them.

So to understand the Bauer Unimam sort of

Unpressurised the hose spins freely, so you have a much larger area within which to place your tanks
also with a fill gauge can orient it in a position where you can see it without fighting those stiff hoses

The stiff generic type fill hoses that are Fixed at both ends

Stick with Unimam hey or convert to Unimam to avoid a lifetime of stiff compessor hose fighting hell

or you can be you

This is a new one for me, to many weird hose fittings.

Now that you you know what to call the style, you just need adapters to hook up to common hose.

like so many before and come on here armed with a stick to kill what you have absolutely no idea about, twice

Mine didn't come with unimam hoses, so never had to bv learn what I was missing😆😆 it neat, but I'll pass on goofy odd fittings, I have two wrenchs and can adjust as needed,😀
Besides on my filling whips I use long small bore hoses with pcp /foster fittings, I have to many odd tanks that need their own fill ends.

Attachments

• 20231106_064327.jpg
    20231106_064327.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 43
Mine didn't come with unimam hoses, so never had to bv learn what I was missing😆😆 Its neat,
but I'll pass on goofy odd fittings,
I have two wrenchs and can adjust as needed,😀
Besides on my filling whips I use long small bore hoses with pcp /foster fittings,

But as someone the deals with metric, BSP, and other odd hydraulic systems, I can say, the European hyd fitting a junk, north American fittings are far superior.
JIC my favorite, steel on steel and no oring to loose,
The ORB fittings, to come out of valves and stuff,
NPT if nothing else,

Do not like FLAT FACE fittings, but still better than European fittings,

I am almost impressed,
If they where to use the unimam fittings for hydraulic I would say that's a very good and wise choice, better than what they have now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom