Evason Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sat Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,
I will be hlidaying with my family at the Evason Six Senses Phuket and Bon Island resort, and had a few questions.
1. Do they have good quality rental gear at their in house dive shop ? If not then where can I rent good gear ? I would rather not carry gear with me.
2. What are the conditions like in the 1st week of august ? is it any good for diving ?
3. Whats the typical diving like ? Is it shore diving ? or exclusively boat dives ?

Thank you

Sat Diver

1. The dive op at Evason is called Poseidon. They use their own small boats, so weather conditions might impact where they choose to go on a particular day. I can't speak to the gear they rent, but you could write to them directly and ask.

2. The first week of August will probably offer typical low-season diving. I think the diving during low season is quite pleasant since there are fewer divers in the water to scare the marine life away! Typical low season diving would take place at the leeward sides of the islands, so getting off and on boats shouldn't be an issue, but sometimes the travel to and from the dive sites can be uncomfortable due to sea conditions. We see a fair amount of sea sickness at this time of year.

3. Mostly our diving is drift diving according to the tides. From Phuket, particularly at this time of year, you are looking pretty much exclusively at boat diving. The dive sites are quite some distance from Phuket, so diving tours typically take most of the day.

Poseidon is my favorite in Phuket! Owner Klaus (or Khun Klaus) to the locals is a gentleman. Impeccable equipment, boats with on-board compressors, fresh h2o showers etc., make it regularly to Phi-Phi, and I have been in one of them in the most terrifying sea conditions. Hope you found them as great as I did -- a satisfied customer. Will most likely obtain my AOW/Nitrox with them in the coming weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom