Everdry 4 longevity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiml

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been considering getting one of these. If you have one, how has it held up? How many years, approximate number of dives, or anything else you think is useful information about the suit would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Diving buddy has one. The suit is very durable, barely compresses at depth and is warm. He is rough on equipment and the suit still look great. Suit is 4 years and at least 200 dives.

Well, that's reassuring.
Appreciate the feedback ajduplessis, thank you.

I've had mine for 4 years now as well, with a similar number of dives as ajduplessis's buddy.

After a couple of years with the suit, however, I had the wrist seals replaced with drygloves. I was happy with the suit with wetgloves, but much happier with it now that I have drygloves-- especially in very cold water. Had I realized I would want drygloves eventually, I would have looked at more drysuit options. Drygloves were not a cheap upgrade aftermarket (and I do not think an option off the rack).

Overall very happy with the suit. I do find it very warm. So warm in fact that I rarely wear the Climatech undergarment that came with it. Usually just wear a thin base layer. The undergarment that came with the drysuit really just comes out for winter diving and ice diving.

I've had mine for 4 years now as well, with a similar number of dives as ajduplessis's buddy.

After a couple of years with the suit, however, I had the wrist seals replaced with drygloves. I was happy with the suit with wetgloves, but much happier with it now that I have drygloves-- especially in very cold water. Had I realized I would want drygloves eventually, I would have looked at more drysuit options. Drygloves were not a cheap upgrade aftermarket (and I do not think an option off the rack).

Overall very happy with the suit. I do find it very warm. So warm in fact that I rarely wear the Climatech undergarment that came with it. Usually just wear a thin base layer. The undergarment that came with the drysuit really just comes out for winter diving and ice diving.

Questions please:

1. Does the suit sizing run small (L, for example, is smaller than large)?

2. What type/brand of thin base layer do you wear with it?

3. Can one install the user replaceable type of wrist and neck seals on this suit without too much trouble?

4. Is the suit buoyant and requires lots of weight?

5. What do you wear for socks?

Questions please:

1. Does the suit sizing run small (L, for example, is smaller than large)?

2. What type/brand of thin base layer do you wear with it?

3. Can one install the user replaceable type of wrist and neck seals on this suit without too much trouble?

4. Is the suit buoyant and requires lots of weight?

5. What do you wear for socks?

1. When I was fitted, there were a lot of measurements takes, and compared to some tables. I am 6'2", 220lb, 46"chest, 36" waist and an 18.5" neck. My suit is 3XL and the undergarment ix XXL. Normally, I wear XXL for shirts, etc. The drysuit is the only thing I own in 3XL! Everyone will be a bit different for sizing though, depending on the sizing tables...

2. If not winter diving or ice diving, I usually wear a thin Merino blend base layer that I picked up at Costco a couple of years ago. It was cheap and does the job nicely. I have also been known to wear a t-shirt and shorts under the drysuit, but long garments are more comfortable if there is any squeeze. On very warm days with cool water like we have here right now, I stick with a t-shirt and shorts. In cold weather/very cold water, I go with the undergarment that came with the suit. Basically... I choose my undergarments based on the weather and diving conditions to be sure I am comfortable and will not be sweating excessively inside the suit. I am rarely, if ever cold though, so everyone will be different.

3. I am still using the original neoprene neck seal (not easily user-replaceable) with no issues. I had my drygloves installed for me. Not sure how much trouble a DIY job would be. Replacing the Si-Tech wrist seals is straightforward now that the rest of the install is done. Until I had the wrist seals replaced for the drygloves, they were not user-replaceable.

4. It is crushed neoprene, so it is buoyant. Diving the drysuit, in fresh water, with an AL80 and minimal undergarment, I use 24lbs right now.

5. My socks depend on the dive. In warmer weather, I use plain athletic socks. No real insulating ability there, but I don't need it when I am wearing them. When ice diving, I usually have up to two pairs of wool socks on for the added insulation.

If the water is particularly cool, I also use Fourth Element Xerotherm wrist warmers under the dry gloves, and in particularly cold water, have Fourth Element neoprene glove liners for inside the drygloves as well.

1. When I was fitted, there were a lot of measurements takes, and compared to some tables. I am 6'2", 220lb, 46"chest, 36" waist and an 18.5" neck. My suit is 3XL and the undergarment ix XXL. Normally, I wear XXL for shirts, etc. The drysuit is the only thing I own in 3XL! Everyone will be a bit different for sizing though, depending on the sizing tables...

2. If not winter diving or ice diving, I usually wear a thin Merino blend base layer that I picked up at Costco a couple of years ago. It was cheap and does the job nicely. I have also been known to wear a t-shirt and shorts under the drysuit, but long garments are more comfortable if there is any squeeze. On very warm days with cool water like we have here right now, I stick with a t-shirt and shorts. In cold weather/very cold water, I go with the undergarment that came with the suit. Basically... I choose my undergarments based on the weather and diving conditions to be sure I am comfortable and will not be sweating excessively inside the suit. I am rarely, if ever cold though, so everyone will be different.

3. I am still using the original neoprene neck seal (not easily user-replaceable) with no issues. I had my drygloves installed for me. Not sure how much trouble a DIY job would be. Replacing the Si-Tech wrist seals is straightforward now that the rest of the install is done. Until I had the wrist seals replaced for the drygloves, they were not user-replaceable.

4. It is crushed neoprene, so it is buoyant. Diving the drysuit, in fresh water, with an AL80 and minimal undergarment, I use 24lbs right now.

5. My socks depend on the dive. In warmer weather, I use plain athletic socks. No real insulating ability there, but I don't need it when I am wearing them. When ice diving, I usually have up to two pairs of wool socks on for the added insulation.

If the water is particularly cool, I also use Fourth Element Xerotherm wrist warmers under the dry gloves, and in particularly cold water, have Fourth Element neoprene glove liners for inside the drygloves as well.

Thank you VERY much for your reply and patience.

1. You are emphasizing the impression I had of Scubapro's suit sizing from the past, they run one to two sizes small compared to suits from other mfg.

3. I meant when it is time to replace the wrist and neck seals that came with it, can one install the si-tech (or DUI's zipseals) type of wrist and neck seals instead of the type of seals that came with it.

5. Was the suit boot very big for you? Did you have to get a bigger fin from the one you had?

Ahh... yes- you can replace the neoprene wrist seals that come with the suit. I had them replaced with the SiTech Glove Lock QCP system.

The boot did fit my old US Divers Blades fins, but it was tight. I soon bought Jet fins that are much more comfortable in terms of fit with the dryuit.

Thank you all for the information and discussion. Perhaps there will be one of these suits in my near future.

Getting the sizing right is the most important part of buying a dry suit, particularly for a trilam suit. More important than price or convenience. Ideally try out a rental and find the right size, if you can't then go with having someone who has measured a lot of divers for that manufacturer's dry suits and has a relationship with the manufacturer so you won't have too many problems when they send out a suit that doesn't fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom