Every dive dry with minimal undies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TechDeep

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wondering how many have used their drysuit in waters that would be considered too warm for drysuits just to stay dry. I'm talking about water above the mid to high 60's and with minimal undies such as under armour or something similar.

Sure - Lake Erie - last summer. Water temp was in the 70's, and the depth was a real shallow one (35').... Shorts and a T-shirt (wicking material) only inside my CF200..... Air temp was in the mid to upper 80's....

I've dove a compressed neoprene suit in an 82 degree pool for an hour with students, wearing shorts and a t-shirt underneath. It's miserable =p

I've also geared up for a dive in Maine in my Fusion when it was 85 degrees outside. At least the water was in the low 50s!

-B

almost every dive! my most frequent dives are florida springs, 72 degrees, in a trilam with tilos undies.

Last year on a liveaboard in Indonesia, I did 4 dives a day for 8 consecutive days in 80 to 84 degree water. On every dive I wore my DUI TLS350. For "undergarments," I wore board shorts and a tech tshirt. I wore the drysuit vs. a wetsuit because I was doing repetitive diving every day. So, even in the warm 80 to 84 degree water, my body was losing heat. Plus, I hate getting into a wet wetsuit.

I did ten days in the Red Sea this last summer. Water temperatures ranged from 80 to 86. In the warmer water, I wore 4th Element Dry Base under the suit; in the cooler water, I wore a set of Lands End polarfleece sweats. I was very comfortable on dives that went went 90 to 120 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom