Everything Blue now!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

they are, according to folks who know a lot more than i do! there's a thread on the deco stop about them.

Yup, that H50D looks exactly like my Mk17, only the trim is blue instead of black. Describes the features of it exactly like a MK17 ad, as well. The H75P looks like a MK25. The second stages look like a G250V and a S555.

Then again, several reg manufacturers are in cahoots, as well as other sectors of the scuba products industry. My Aeris Elite T3 is the same as an Oceanic model, simply different stickers.

Peace,
Greg

The regs are from Scubapro. I thought the 2nd stage was an S555 as well, but someone pointed out to me that the end cap where the adjustment knob would be is that of an unbalanced reg. It looks like the R390

Fascinating... Doug hinted that something like this was about to happen.

Also interesting are the new Edge/HOG regs, which appear to be clones of Apeks' ATX regs, at a fraction of the price (and without the useless features of some of the XTX series).

Between the two new companies selling regulators (Halcyon and Edge/HOG), it looks like Scubapro and Aqualung may FINALLY have lost their choke hold on the industry.

Edge/HOG actually encourages owner training and understanding with regards to annual service - an industry first! Let's hope that Halcyon follows this lead and smacks Scubapro and Aqualung right in the 'nads. :D

'Bout time someone listened to the customer. :D

Nice stuff, if you ask me.

I thought Halcyon was getting the regs from SP. This would make the prices the same. I did hear that Halcyon will be able to sell the regs online though.

This would make the prices the same.

I doubt that, that blue H adds to the cost. Of everything.

The regs are from Scubapro. I thought the 2nd stage was an S555 as well, but someone pointed out to me that the end cap where the adjustment knob would be is that of an unbalanced reg. It looks like the R390

My S555 looks exactly the same, but I believe that the S555 is simply a smaller R390.

Peace,
Greg

Well, the Edge/HOGs are a fraction of the price, anyway...

To me, price doesn't matter nearly as much as the durability of the regs, and where I can get parts so that I can service my own.

SP has any online, phone or mail order totally locked out... The only way for me to purchase even a ScubaPro hat or T-shirt is to drive to the closest SP retail store, an hour and a half away.

Aqualung once threatened to sue me because I allowed a friend of mine to access an Aqualung repair manual. They simply refused to allow the layman to understand anything about their regs, and especially work on them himself.

Both companies are rediculously in violation of Fair Trade laws which prevent the manufacturer from controlling retail prices in the US... But with bigger fish to fry, the FTC simply doesn't care.

Yeah, I'd be really thrilled to see both Halcyon and Edge/HOG kick 'em in the 'nads. :)

<snip>

Yeah, I'd be really thrilled to see both Halcyon and Edge/HOG kick 'em in the 'nads. :)

Edge/HOG I can understand the whole kicking them in the nads part, but I'm not seeing how Halcyon re-badging SP regs and selling them for a higher price than SP while not offering the rebuild kits, manuals, etc. kicks anybody but the buyer in the nads...Sorry.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom