Everything Blue now!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, do we know Halcyon's plans?

- Will they be available online?
- Will Halcyon teach people how to work on their own regs?
- Will Halcyon offer parts kits?
- Will Halcyon allow the retailers to make their own prices (eg. not involve itself in illegal price setting?)

Then again, several reg manufacturers are in cahoots, as well as other sectors of the scuba products industry. My Aeris Elite T3 is the same as an Oceanic model, simply different stickers.

Peace,
Greg

Pelagic Pressure Systems owns both Aeris and Oceanic so they share nearly everything (regs, computers, BCs, etc.). It's all about market share. :)

Well, do we know Halcyon's plans?

- Will they be available online?
- Will Halcyon teach people how to work on their own regs?
- Will Halcyon offer parts kits?
- Will Halcyon allow the retailers to make their own prices (eg. not involve itself in illegal price setting?)

Why speculate when there is Google? On-line sales is obviously the big benefit to Halcyon with this present from Scubapro. Parts? Heck no. Teach people to work on regs? No way. I doubt Halcyon's retailers will have access to these regs as Scubapro has very defined territories in place for their distribution...Just my opionion though!

Regulators | Extreme Exposure

Hm. Guess I'm stickin' with the Edge/HOG regs then.

It's a shame, too, 'cause I really like Halcyon gear - and know all the players with the company.

...Not to mention that I have many sets of regs for my divers. :)

Hm. Guess I'm stickin' with the Edge/HOG regs then.

It's a shame, too, 'cause I really like Halcyon gear - and know all the players with the company.

...Not to mention that I have many sets of regs for my divers. :)
I'm in love my my HOG regs!

They're solid, sexy, very inexpensive, and awesome breathers... What's not to love..? :crafty:

-Tim

Edge/HOG actually encourages owner training and understanding with regards to annual service - an industry first!

Zeagle is the same as this locally. Service kits are available to buy and I believe the dealer is very helpful to those who want to learn to service their gear. They are cheap also :) in comparison to my Scubapro regs!

Well looking at EE- Those prices are the same a msrp SP . Not hijack this, but all this talk about HOG regs...

The 2nd stage that they make looks very appealing to me. Anything that doesn't make it the best reg for the money?

Not hijack this, but all this talk about HOG regs...

The 2nd stage that they make looks very appealing to me. Anything that doesn't make it the best reg for the money?
Here's several pics of my HOG's... I have a pair of the 2nd's and 1 cold/sealed 1st stage.

mini-DSC_8386.JPG

mini-DSC_8338.JPG

mini-DSC_8341.JPG

mini-DSC_8342.JPG

mini-DSC_8343.JPG

mini-DSC_8344.JPG

mini-DSC_8345.JPG

mini-DSC_8346.JPG

mini-DSC_8348.JPG

mini-DSC_8350.JPG

mini-DSC_8351.JPG

mini-DSC_8352.JPG

mini-DSC_8353.JPG

mini-DSC_8354.JPG

mini-DSC_8355.JPG

mini-DSC_8356.JPG

mini-DSC_8359.JPG

mini-DSC_8360.JPG

mini-DSC_8362.JPG

Oh man thats nice. It is easy to buy parts kits for them as well?

Oh man thats nice. It is easy to buy parts kits for them as well?

Edge/HOG has begun offering classes to certify Tech divers to be able to work on their own HOG Regs. Once certified, we'll be able to buy the rebuild kits and work on our own and others' HOG Regs! :eyebrow:

-Tim

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom